Return of Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The return of BAD for July 24th show was amazing! So glad I was there to hear it....

Bono pulled off the chorus greatly in Dublin, on the 27th, I believe. He screamed the chorus like a younger, energetic Bono we all knew...even hit that certain High C everyone likes to rant about.

I would be quite satisfied now if Bono would sing in time....and the right lyrics.

Bono pulled off the chorus greatly in Dublin, on the 27th, I believe. He screamed the chorus like a younger, energetic Bono we all knew...even hit that certain High C everyone likes to rant about.

I would be quite satisfied now if Bono would sing in time....and the right lyrics.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing actually....and to me, he's hitting the chorus overall with more energy, passion, and just all out intensity than previous tours. Even when he isn't hitting the high C, he screams it sort of with the same sort of intensity and energy he did in the 80's....sounds awesome.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing actually....and to me, he's hitting the chorus overall with more energy, passion, and just all out intensity than previous tours. Even when he isn't hitting the high C, he screams it sort of with the same sort of intensity and energy he did in the 80's....sounds awesome.

For me I have been relay disappointed with Bono's performances of bad so far. He isnt singing nearly as good as he did on the vertigo tour where he held those wiiiiiide awakes out way longer and they had an operatic feel to them. Have u guys ever heard the japan performances form 06 now those were good so far he has done nothing that is even half that good yet in my opinion

I think he's singing it good, especially as far as energy as passion is concerned. Now all he needs to do is use that along with the techniques (for the hitting those notes) that he used in the 5th leg of the Veritgo Tour, then we're onto a winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFnwd3tnQM

Yeah, he seems to be intentionally letting himself scream a bit on the wide awakes, and the note he's hitting is somewhat above the High C he was hitting on the Vertigo Tour.

I think I like the VT version better, but if Bono wants to do what he's doing now without frying his voice again, more power to him.

Also, I'm thinking we'll hear Bad tomorrow night.

I think he's singing it good, especially as far as energy as passion is concerned. Now all he needs to do is use that along with the techniques (for the hitting those notes) that he used in the 5th leg of the Veritgo Tour, then we're onto a winner!

YouTube - U2 Bad Live From Saitama Super Arena, Japan 12-04-2006

Bono where alot more safe on Vertigo tour on holding the notes, it is a lot harder for him to hit the note like he did on Vertigo tour then just screaming the note like he do on 360 tour. On most versions from Vertigo tour he also did the chours three times in the song.

Listen to the notes in 2:25 and in 6:53 on this version, 2005-04-25 - Seattle
www.send space.com/file/o0aq6h

and the notes in 4:38 and 8:43 on this version, 2005-09-14 - Toronto
www.send space.com/file/wszh3q

Yeah, he seems to be intentionally letting himself scream a bit on the wide awakes, and the note he's hitting is somewhat above the High C he was hitting on the Vertigo Tour.

Above High C? You mean High C#?

Bono where alot more safe on Vertigo tour on holding the notes, it is a lot harder for him to hit the note like he did on Vertigo tour then just screaming the note like he do on 360 tour. On most versions from Vertigo tour he also did the chours three times in the song.

Listen to the notes in 2:25 and in 6:53 on this version, 2005-04-25 - Seattle
www.send space.com/file/o0aq6h

and the notes in 4:38 and 8:43 on this version, 2005-09-14 - Toronto
www.send space.com/file/wszh3q

Above High C? You mean High C#?

Wasn't it pulled down from a C# to a C in live versions (and something like a G for PopMart)? It sounds like he's going for the album note here with... moderate success.

hmm, i have a horrible feeling that Bad was purely a Dublin-only occurence, with the Amsterdam show being the "rehearsal" so to speak. I imagine that it will make an appearance on the US leg, but (and I hope i'm wrong) I believe we won't be hearing it again on the European leg :sad:

Wasn't it pulled down from a C# to a C in live versions (and something like a G for PopMart)? It sounds like he's going for the album note here with... moderate success.

High C on most of the Vertigo versions, the Popmart versions had an High B if I remember right :)

Would be great If he could try to sing the chours on 360 tour like he did on Vertigo tour, because he could hit the High C# now I think. Because his voice is able to go up higher now then on Vertigo tour :)
Just listen to "Now we liiiiiiiiiiiiee together" in 4:27 on this clip:
w w w.bahnhof.se/wb106124/bonovoicehighlightsupdate3

There is no way he could sing with that powerful sound on Vertigo tour.

What happened to Bad???

It's more than a little worrisome to me that Bad has not made an appearence in quite some time. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I thought they'd be pulling it out every second or third night but it hasn't been included in the setlist for awhile now. Please tell me it will make a return this tour. And, as a side question...why is every encore the same three songs??? Why haven't they switched it up even slightly. Seems weird that's all.

Uh.. it was played in Dublin.. it's not a regular song to expect. It was something special for Amsterdam and Dublin and MAY return this tour. I'm suspecting one of the English gigs.

I think you're jumping to conclusions way too fast here. It will NEVER be a regular again in the setlist.

I just noticed that they only have played it 3 times and haven't since Dublin 3. Twice in Dublin and once in Amsterdam.

:ohmy:

Since when is Bono "playing" guitar on Bad?

I think I hear it a little in the beginning but then not anymore for the rest of the song. He shouldn't carry a guitar for this song.

GREAT version :up:

Did Bono totally rewrite the second verse? :ohmy:

The second set of wide awakes sounds glorious.

Also, is it just me or do the synths at the end sound like they should be segueing into Streets?

Did Bono totally rewrite the second verse? :ohmy:

The second set of wide awakes sounds glorious.

Also, is it just me or do the synths at the end sound like they should be segueing into Streets?

:ohmy: going into Streets after would be incredible!
Although I think Tutu's speech is v powerful!

Really liking the little bits of Bono's guitar playing that can be heard at the start, he should defo develope it more,

Best BAD so far, amazing! :ohmy:

Great performance. I welcomed change in lyrics and Bono with guitar. Really fresh version.

Back
Top Bottom