Return Appearances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirniva

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Sorry if this is redundant, but...what are some songs you would like to see make return appearances on U2 360? Could be songs that haven't been played in years, could be songs played on the Vertigo tour. Quite simply: what songs would you like to hear again, regardless of likelihood?

My list:
-Lemon (No further explanation needed. :drool:)
-HMTMKMKM (It's been a long time since they played this regularly, hasn't it?)
-The Fly (Confession time: I've never actually been to a U2 concert yet, and I'm hoping to go in 2009. This is the one U2 song I've always dreamed of seeing live, so they can play it again on U2 360 and THEN retire it for a while. :wink:)
-A Sort of Homecoming
-MOFO
-City of Blinding Lights (It was practically written for stadiums. Should be given a chance to be played at some in North America!)
-Window In The Skies (Technically a return appearance, since it was played at one or two Vertigo shows. It really deserves a more prominent place in the setlist, though.)

I have a feeling very little will be played prior to The Unforgettable Fire material since they played a lot of early stuff on Vertigo.

My realistic expectations:

- The Unforgettable Fire - overdue
- A Sort of Homecoming - overdue
- Even Better Than The Real Thing - missed the last tour, wouldn't mind hearing it again.
- Discotheque - totally rocked the few times they played it on Vertigo!!
- Gone - rocked on Elevation
- Mofo - would sound so good with the NLOTH material!
- Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - FULL BAND!!!
- City of Blinding Lights (I'd be happy if this were the only "Bomb" song)

I want (bolded the important ones):

Vertigo
The Electric Co.
I Will Follow
A Sort of Homecoming
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Ultraviolet
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Stay
Please

I have a feeling very little will be played prior to The Unforgettable Fire material since they played a lot of early stuff on Vertigo.

My realistic expectations:

[...]
- Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - FULL BAND!!!
[...]

That's all I needed to hear. :drool::drool::drool:

I agree with many of the choices above- Inteference seems to be quite united on what songs it wants!

Lemon
Mofo,
Last Night On Earth
HTKMKM
A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Dirty Day
Acrobat
God Part 2
EBTTRT

Out of Control
Wire
Hawkmoon
All I want is You
Seconds
Red Hill Mining
One Tree Hill
Spanish Eyes
Trip Through Your Wires
In Gods Country
Dirty Day

I agree with many of the choices above- Inteference seems to be quite united on what songs it wants!

Lemon
Mofo,
Last Night On Earth
HTKMKM
A Sort Of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Dirty Day
Acrobat
God Part 2
EBTTRT

Lemon you can forget. he can not sing this anymore
Acrobat(no appearance during zootv so why now?)
god part 2 (wont happen)
wire(wont happen)

as for the rest. could be a chance they will :wink:

I'd take just one of the below:

In God's Country
Ultraviolet
MoFo
Dirty Day
Daddy's Gonna Pay for your Crashed Car
A Sort of Homecoming

-Window In The Skies (Technically a return appearance, since it was played at one or two Vertigo shows. It really deserves a more prominent place in the setlist, though.)

It was played at four. Since those were the last four of the tour, I'm not sure I'd consider it a "return" appearance.

There are honestly shitloads of songs I'd love the band to dig out of the vault. I'll limit myself to ten, in chronological order:

Twilight - I really wish this had worked itself into the Boy segment on Vertigo.
Rejoice - Larry's in fine form on the current album, and this would further showcase his drumming. Plus it's a forgotten gem.
A Sort Of Homecoming - one of the most beautiful songs ever. The kind of song that should be a setlist staple.
The Unforgettable Fire - see ASOH.
One Tree Hill - OK, so it was done at four gigs on Vertigo (not the last though :wink: ), but come on, how has this song only been played live 40 times in 22 years? It's the band's best song.
Exit - easily one of U2's best live rockers. So much atmosphere and intensity.
Hawkmoon 269 - an absolute Lovetown highlight. The world needs to hear Edge's slide guitar intro again.
God Part II - for pretty much the same reasons as Exit.
Love Is Blindness - more atmosphere and intensity to go with the Exit and God Part II picks.
Mofo - oh hell YES.

I'd settle for
The Electric Co.
Bad
God Part II
Exit
Love is Blindness
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Dirty Day
Gone
Mofo
New York
Kite
Fast Cars

My "guess" is that we are not going to see quite the variety we have seen on the last two tours. Especially in North America. I think maybe one or two max songs that may be out of the ordinary outside of the new material obviously. Playing stadiums in N. America unfortuately probably means the old warhorse staples for the casual fan versus ripping into "Surrender" and "Dirty Day" for the die hards. :shrug:

If I'm dreaming out loud.

God Part II (very unlikely)
Hawkmoon 269 (never happen)
A Sort Of Homecoming (a possibility but I will still be surprised if done)

I would love for Electric Co to return also, but I don't think its happening. I would say the new album songs and things on the Best Of albums are your best bets (non B sides and remixes obviously). I think this tour is going to be more focused on the new staging and lighting.

Please- full band
Stay- full band
Mofo
Exit
Unforgettable Fire
Discotheque- I want more :drool:
New York- Great live

There are a few songs that could possible return, if you ask me:

- The unforgettable Fire
- Desire
- Even better than...
- UV
- MW
- Gone
- Please

Dirty Day
Bad
Ultraviolet
Gone
Sort of Homecoming
Lemon
Still haven't found
Do you feel loved
Please
Discotheque
Miracle Drug
Walk on
Stay, only full band
So cruel (yeah right)

If they play all of these I will die of happyness.

Just a few:
Ultraviolet
Exit
ASOH or UF
Please
Surrender (can you imagine MoS going into Surrender!? 12 minutes of EPIC!)

Can I pull for Your Blue Room or Scarlet?

Silver And Gold
In God's Country
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

...and I've just listened to Exit live and if they play it, I will officially lose the plot :D

Another Time, Another Place- If Edge can tear up the solo in Breathe, he'd have no prob with this gem:up:

Ultraviolet- keeping fingers crossed for this one to make a comeback; maybe as an encore song?

Please (full band)- this song was made for stadiums no doubt about it

UTEOTW/IGWSHA- I really wish they would do this combo again and have a full band for Angels :drool:

The Fly- cuz it fucking rocks.

Twilight- missed the bus on last tour but hoping to arrive this time :hyper:

Dirty Day- same reason as The Fly and Another Time, maybe with an even longer extended solo segueing into Bullet

My Top Ten (some could very well happen, others...notsomuch)

The Electric Co (THE song of the Vertigo tour)
A Sort of Homecoming
wire (yeah, won't happen)
In God's Country
Exit :heart:
Ultraviolet
Love is Blindness
Dirty Day
Please
Discotheque (Vertigo tour version rawks hard)

Also Bad and UTEOTw, though they were played a good amount on the last two tours so I didn't count them.)

So Cruel(why wasn't this song played more during Zootv?)
Electrical Storm
A Sort of Homecoming
Please
Gone
Desire
Kite
Lemon
Dirty Day

Didn't Bono say in an interview from 1989 that Hawkmoon 269 was his favorite U2 song? C'mon...no chance at all?!

Back
Top Bottom