REQUEST: Magnificent a la Redanka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How should U2 perform Magnificent

• Exactly like the album (ie same tempo/arrangement)

Votes: 35 71.4%
  • The official radio release (ie shorter)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something like the Redanka Remix

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Something like the Fred Faulke Remix

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Something like the Adam K Club Mix

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

gvox

Ghost of Love
Ok I've listened to all the remixes, and this mix just embodies everything that was in the album version and takes it to infinity. Some of the others remove a bit of Edge and that I can't abide. The Adam K mix I like but that's because I'm an old school house fan but admittedly it's a bit too deep for popular consumption at a U2 show. The Fred Faulke remix full edit is too long UNLESS...UNLESS...they open with it, then it's fricking beautiful. The Fred Faulke radio edit is too short way too short.

But this Redanka remix? Perfection. Pure fucking ecstatic perfection.

U2, if you're listening...play the song this way. This will easily be one of your best live moments of all time. Oh yeah.

So cast your vote...how should U2 perform this song, which is easily one of their best of all time!

I'd like it like the album version.

Though I gotta say this Gabe, I don't think U2 read this forum so I doubt it's useful to put REQUEST in front of your thread. :wink:

Fred Faulke has the best remix IMO - we haven't heard the will.i.am one yet, which is SUPPOSED to come with the single.

Ok well people I don't mean they'll play the remix, I mean they'll PERFORM it in the remix style. It wouldn't take much, there's already a pretty substantial amount of backing music going on in the song as it is.

If it sounds like ANY of the remixes live, I will personally burn down the houses of anyone that voted for a remix on this page.

Be warned :wave:

Actually I voted wrongly. I mean the Fred Faulke. Redanka turned Bono and Edge down too much. If he had the levels and eq the same as Fred Faulkes, it would get the nod. Because we all know how Bono's voice is nice and crispy live right.

BTW dan - come on over, I'll be waiting. If they are smart they'll do something like what they did to Discotechque. Just watch the charts this summer, I bet the Fred Faulke will go higher than the album.

Think of how awesome Discoteque was on the Vertigo tour...that was in a remix style :up:

Actually I voted wrongly. I mean the Fred Faulke. Redanka turned Bono and Edge down too much. If he had the levels and eq the same as Fred Faulkes, it would get the nod. Because we all know how Bono's voice is nice and crispy live right.

BTW dan - come on over, I'll be waiting. If they are smart they'll do something like what they did to Discotechque. Just watch the charts this summer, I bet the Fred Faulke will go higher than the album.

Think of how awesome Discoteque was on the Vertigo tour...that was in a remix style :up:

2 things - A) I don't give a flying fuck what happens in the charts.

B) It was rearranged, by you can't call it remix style because it is a live performance. And it was much closer to original form than these Magnificent remixes. That's like saying Sunday Bloody Sunday in Sarajevo was a remix.

And it was much closer to original form than these Magnificent remixes. That's like saying Sunday Bloody Sunday in Sarajevo was a remix.

I'm going to have to call you on this one, Discotechque at Toronto during Vertigo was far closer to the house remixes than the album. Magnificent is arguably already a dance song and esp for the Fred Faulke it's basically just sped up, there's hardly any real rearrangement per se it pretty much follows the original song.

Hehh, that's funny, I just found this topic. So, it's right time to ask again: "Since when has U2 played a remix for a show.. "

Anyway iam looking for the Crazy Redankas, so please help me if u have them: lemonATpcdomeDOThu

Back
Top Bottom