Quote from Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
Anyone catch this on U2.com subscriber only content?

'Those songs from that first album era, and up to about 'War', a long time ago, they are the ones you remember easiest.'

-Adam Clayton(Referring to the performance of Out of Control in Brazil).

And I would add that they're not only easy for the band to remember(apparently), they'd add a lot of energy to the set. IWF and OOC have both been awesome additions.

Anyone think they might give it a shot?

I'll take some of this:

YouTube - two hearts beat as one 1983-05-30 devore

YouTube - Seconds

YouTube - Gloria

YouTube - U2 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (From Red Rocks)

THBAO can stay dead for all I care, but any setlist without 11OTT < any setlist with 11OTT.

Yes, I'm already anticipating the IALW x21 + 11OTT setlist reply.

Anyone catch this on U2.com subscriber only content?

'Those songs from that first album era, and up to about 'War', a long time ago, they are the ones you remember easiest.'

-Adam Clayton(Referring to the performance of Out of Control in Brazil).

And I would add that they're not only easy for the band to remember(apparently), they'd add a lot of energy to the set. IWF and OOC have both been awesome additions.

I Will Follow, New Year's Day, and now Out Of Control, have been great and are perfect at the number two (2) spot on the set-list, these old gems do add "lots" of energy to the start of the show!!!

...now imagine if they would play: Two Hearts Beat as One, or 11 o'Clock Tick Tock, or Gloria, ...immediately right after in the third (3) spot ...:heart::heart::heart:

I would argue I Will Follow is the greatest "no. 2" song they have ever played as an early setlist gambit to energize the audience. They should make it a permanent second song staple on every tour.

Gloria, A Day Without Me, An Cat Dubh, Twilight, and 11 O Clock Tick Tock in 360 would just about make me die and go to heaven.

if they open with 11ott you can either go home early or get raucously drunk for the rest of the show.

or both.

Precisely.

If I get sufficiently drunk, I'd hopefully find my way on stage in a stupor during the encore and turn IALW v19.0 into In A Little While / Twilight (demo version) (snippet).

Early 80's is my least favourite U2 era and they already play two of the best four songs of that era regularly (SBS and NYD, the other two being Drowning Man and tomorrow). THBAO is also one of my least favourite U2 songs. I've never understood the appeal.

I'm not seeing another show this tour of course so why should I care?

I like it. I think it's a better live song than recorded, though it is one of my favorites from War. Whereas I also like Surrender and that one doesn't do as well live...

Early 80's is my least favourite U2 era and they already play two of the best four songs of that era regularly (SBS and NYD, the other two being Drowning Man and tomorrow). THBAO is also one of my least favourite U2 songs. I've never understood the appeal.

I'm not seeing another show this tour of course so why should I care?

Pfft! With the exception of a few later tracks, Boy-UF is the only U2 I even bother to listen to any more.

Except THBAO. Mediocre pap. Sorry, U2387.

Apparently, it's against interference code to like that song around here!!

I think you and I are the only ones!

One of their best songs in the Boy-War era, easily!!

I LOVE Two Hearts...it's actually the song that caught my ear and really got me into the band, I would go nuts if they played it live!

Normally I would love to hear the band bring back Two Hearts and almost always include it in any "what-if" setlist discussions, but if recent history is any measure when it comes to U2 breaking out the more energetic guitar-driven, rarely played 80's songs, it's likely a 2011 version would be tuned down and played at a slower pace than it was in the '80's. In fact, I didn't even care much for the version they played just once on the Lovetown tour in '89.

To be honest, I don't really believe Adam's comment, there's no way they could play any given song of those 3 albums by heart at any time. No way, Jose! Out Of Control is just a song that has popped up here and there in the last decade, and of course it's their first single, but the other songs? Highly doubtful!

Except he didn't say that...

Okay, fair enough, he said it's the one they remember easiest, but in the context of OOC, which was apparently not soundchecked, it sounded like he's saying they could pull one of those out 10 mins before the show (which he did say about OOC, that Edge and him were listening to an old recording and remembered that). And that I wouldn't believe, because they always need rehearsal + Edge needs to adjust his gear (delay settings, etc.) if they all of a sudden decide to play a song...

...but that's not the point of the topic, really. Sorry for going off-topic. :)

IF anything from that era, I'd hope they'd dig out Electric Co. out again. 11oclock and Gloria also well accepted.

Back
Top Bottom