Question about the official set lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Does anyone know of a site where you can find pictures of the actual nightly setlists the band puts together on paper?

I've seen a few pictures posted here, but I'm wondering where people get them from?

Like I read a quote about someone tweetin about how they saw the set list and saw that Bad was on it "in brackets" after Streets. Wondering if anyone has a link to the actual picture or pictures from past setlists?

We take those pictures of the setlists we receive. After the show the crew hands out their setlists to people in the crowd. You can see them if you do outer rail as the camera crew walk by with them beforehand, there's a setlist next to Larry you could zoom into if you're behind the stage, countless of ways to get one.

THat's not an official setlist. It's a camera crew setlist.

the official ones look different, and have the positions of the bridges and Larry's drum riser on them.

Give me a minute, I'll take a pic of my setlist(Bono's from Amsterdam II).

As you can see, the band setlists are quite more detailed. And note how there are setlist changes in a lot of shows, this one says it's Amsterdam 1, but it was the 2nd night. Amsterdam 1 had a standard setlist, this was the big chance last year.
Also, Bad is in brackets on that camera setlist, meaning it wasn't decided upon yet when that setlist got printed. Could be they took it out before the show, could be they didn't play it due to Bono's problems.
I think I've seen quite a few setlist photos on U2place.com before. :hmm:

amsterdamiisetlist.jpg

The setlist I saw on Sunday night after the show had all those details you mention: bridge position, drum riser rotation, band entrance times etc ... And it had Bad in brackets after Streets. I've got a photo of it on my camera, I'll post a link to it when I eventually get around to uploading it.

Like I read a quote about someone tweetin about how they saw the set list and saw that Bad was on it "in brackets" after Streets. Wondering if anyone has a link to the actual picture or pictures from past setlists?

That was my tweet.

A friend of mine got the setlist, not sure who from, it may have been a lighting guy. Other friends asked for a setlist after Sunday's show but were refused. In fact, they told me that no setlists were being given to fans on Sunday. But my mate has met some of the crew in the last few weeks, I suspect that's how he blagged it.

Oh that's cool.

Cathal, if you are able to, I'd love to see a photo of that setlist you got :D

That was my tweet.

A friend of mine got the setlist, not sure who from, it may have been a lighting guy. Other friends asked for a setlist after Sunday's show but were refused. In fact, they told me that no setlists were being given to fans on Sunday. But my mate has met some of the crew in the last few weeks, I suspect that's how he blagged it.

Lighting guys, like those who go into the fancy chairs all the way up to the Claw legs? :D THey're awesome!

THat's not an official setlist. It's a camera crew setlist.

the official ones look different, and have the positions of the bridges and Larry's drum riser on them.

Give me a minute, I'll take a pic of my setlist(Bono's from Amsterdam II).

Actually, I think it's the other way round. The one on U2Place.com looks like Bono's. The one with all the details about the bridges, etc. is probably from the crew (cameraman). The band is not interested in which exact position the bridges are (and with which speed they move). And they might prefer a bigger font, so they can see it better from a distance.
Also, Bono's setlist gets always taped quite securely to the stage by Phil, just like the one on U2Place.com.

(the one of Amsterdam II that I got from a friend looks like the one as posted by GaleonGirl and I'm pretty sure that wasn't a band one)
Sorry to burst your bubble, GG...

Well I'm pretty sure mine was Bono's, as it was given to my friend by Phil. :shrug: I guess they used different ones on different shows then.
It would be useful for them to know what times they're supposed to be out onstage, and where the bridges will be when they move.

The video with kissing people from the audience. Girls with laptops from the campaign were taking pics of those people before the show.

Yep, those were from the One campaign. If you signed up they asked if they could take a pic. There was a booth outside the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom