Pride going going Gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badu2fan

The Fly
So can we hope Pride is officially retired???? Maybe playing it chicago 1 will be last of this tired song.
It has done its magic and now lets have some new music like FEZ ..........:applaud::up:

If I went to a U2 gig and they played FEZ instead of Pride I'd lose my mind :angry:

Only when you are at the concert you can understand "Pride" and why it is played.
We should just be happy that the band is playing for us after all they have given .
:|

i dont mind pride Bono sings it well now a days just put it back in the set and play 24 songs instead of 23

At the first Chicago show, it was probably my first U2 concert where I couldn't get into Pride. As sick as I am of it, I usually enjoy singing along and doing the "oh oh oh" part at the top of my lungs. Not this time.

From what I could see, the crowd wasn't as gung-ho about it as they usually are, either (although it's hard to really get a good idea of what 67,000 other people are doing).

I won't lie - after the second Chicago show, I was really happy to have experienced a show where they didn't play it. I fully expect to hear it at the next two shows I'm attending, though.

I'll live. :)

Only when you are at the concert you can understand "Pride" and why it is played.
We should just be happy that the band is playing for us after all they have given .
:|

Oh God! I hate when people say that! (with respect!) U2 don't feel like we should consider ourselves lucky whatever they do! They hold themselves to a higher standard, and then so do we!

I've seen Pride live many times, and I was insanely bored! Time to sit down!

If I went to a U2 gig and they played FEZ instead of Pride I'd lose my mind :angry:

you mean in a good way or a bad way?! I assume a bad way - I'd lose it in a good way, in fact I'd go craaaaaazy tonite:huh:

I don't miss Pride but I also don't mind if its played. My guess is that it will turn up again on this tour at some point.

I don't miss Pride but I also don't mind if its played. My guess is that it will turn up again on this tour at some point.

Hopefully not at Raleigh. though my thought is they will say they have never heard it so we better play it. I love the song but if they are not going to add extra this is one that can be retired.
To me Pride was a song about change and we now have change in america so we don't need to hear that song Please would be more appropriate in these times.

:camera:I would rather hear something from POP like GONE PLEASE of Dead Man Walking ,,,,,
I am surprised they haven't played pop muzic as it would go well with crazy and boots etc.

With or Without you is their stairway to heaven song so I doubt u will see that one dropped, but what other songs should be retired for a while?

Dead Man Walking

lmao
icon42.gif

aint that a flick?
Larry's drums are f*ckin phenomenal in that song

I'm glad it's dropped. Love the song but I tend to space out when they play it live. Can't get into it anymore. I was just listening to Gone today, thinking that would have been awesome instead of YBR :reject:

The reaction for Pride was weaker than the reactions for TUF and Bad at Chicago 1... that might have influenced their decision.

Back
Top Bottom