please tell me about ultraviolet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't the way he was using the tool the reason why the tool isn't the same anymore ?

That's what I said. He is more experienced now but the sheer awesomeness with the exception of the vocal delivery of that one note in UV is a little less.:up:

We'll have to agree to disagree...

My ideal Bono voice would be the falsetto of the early 90's along with the full voice of today...

I still think it is too shreeky (if that is a word)
Your blue room, THAT is the voice...depth, falsetto, swagger, sexyness everything. He never was or got better

I still think it is too shreeky (if that is a word)
Your blue room, THAT is the voice...depth, falsetto, swagger, sexyness everything. He never was or got better

Exactly- it was the range and depth that made his ZOO TV/Passengers voice so special. Now it is sometimes too screechy or shreeky as you put it. For instance, when I hear Bono wailing during NLOTH I just think "be quiet, it sounds so forced, like sandpaper being dragged across wood" There's much less of that on AB and Zooropa.

PS- Nevertheless, Bono's voice is much improved from Elevation and Vertigo.

Exactly- it was the range and depth that made his ZOO TV/Passengers voice so special. Now it is sometimes too screechy or shreeky as you put it. For instance, when I hear Bono wailing during NLOTH I just think "be quiet, it sounds so forced, like sandpaper being dragged across wood" There's much less of that on AB and Zooropa.

Depth - yes. Range - no. His technical range was pretty awful by his standards throughout the 90s. Excluding falsetto, of course.

Well he does from a range standpoint, I'm only talking about the objective aspect of his singing...

But I do love these descriptors "crackly", "screechy" and "shreeky" :lol:

Three of the new seven dwarfs...

Back
Top Bottom