Perfect 360 Opener Would Be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should open with Cedars of Lebanon, seguing into Drowning Man, seguing into Lemon, seguing into Lady With The Spinning Head, seguing into Corpse, seguing into acoustic Bullet the Blue Sky, seguing into the two-hour-long version of Alex Descends that Axver suggested in another thread. And then there would be an encore of Jonas Brothers covers. The end.

good to see someone else on the Cedars bandwagon

Zoo Station- BVS will gleefully accuse me of Zoo Tv nostalgia but as far as setlist openers go, class is permanent. With the exception of Queen's One Vision, I don't think any rock no roll song has so convincingly opened a show.

The perfect U2 concert opener would definitely be "lady with a spinning head". Any tour, any city... this would be awesome. Especially the extended dance mix. First it would be Larry playing the beat, then Adam would come on stage... it would just be the 2 of them playing for a little bit along with all the synthesizers and sequences. Then the songs breaksdown, the stage goes dark, then the stage lights up to it's full abilities, and Edge appears and starts playing the guitar part. Then Bono emerges right as it's time to sing his lines.

The visual I have in my head is one of the greatest U2 concert moments ever.

Anything other than the Stingray to Beautiful Day combo. THUD! :crack:

I think Stingray into anything they have that is fast paced from the get go would work.

EBTTTRT
I Will Follow
Boots
etc..

I love Fez but I cannot for the life of me understand why you guys think it would be a great opener.

Magnificent is a much better opener IMO. Just ask the people that went to Foxborough 2 last year.

I love Fez but I cannot for the life of me understand why you guys think it would be a great opener.

Magnificent is a much better opener IMO. Just ask the people that went to Foxborough 2 last year.

IMO, I just think the song would make a real statement. its the most experimental song on the most recent effort (IMO) and I think with the lighting technology of the claw, it could really make for eye opening sonic visual candy. Not to say of course that Mag didn't work.

Stingray-segue into Zoo Station.

Everything's lit up during Stingray for the audience to get a good look at the band, and when the transition to Zoo Station occurs, everything goes black and the entire song is played in the dark with only a video of Bono doing the classic "Fly"-intro that he did on Zoo TV playing on the screens being visible. :drool:

Hopefully the opener will change at the first 2011 show. I'm guessing it will.

It would be nice if it changes before then, but I don't see it happening.

The perfect U2 concert opener would definitely be "lady with a spinning head". Any tour, any city... this would be awesome. Especially the extended dance mix. First it would be Larry playing the beat, then Adam would come on stage... it would just be the 2 of them playing for a little bit along with all the synthesizers and sequences. Then the songs breaksdown, the stage goes dark, then the stage lights up to it's full abilities, and Edge appears and starts playing the guitar part. Then Bono emerges right as it's time to sing his lines.

Though I doubt they'd OPEN with a '90s song, this would be an awesome encore.

I'd vote for that :drool:

Hmm, since it's so cold and wet outside, I think it's the perfect time for some hot herbal tea:

BioBeautifulDay.jpg

:D

Reports from soundcheck today say the band's rehearsed
Even Better Than The Real Thing.
Seems like a pretty good song to take BD's "opening" slot to me...

Back
Top Bottom