Out Of Control, Bad, 40 printed on the setlist last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
But only Out Of Control was played... These next few shows are going to be interesting :ohmy:

Do we still only have that one picture of a setlist from before the show? Did anyone else get a physical copy?

r8i6ua.jpg

I wonder if they'll play all three in Moncton? That would definitely be an epic ending to the last show. :drool:

If you swap Elevation for NLOTH and MS for RTSS, threw in NYD and UV after HMTM, I would say that's their best setlist in their entire career.

OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE :madwife::angry:

A couple of people suggested that they never intended to do all three, but just picked one of them. That seems highly likely to me, because especially in the heat I doubt Bono's voice would've lasted much longer. Keep in mind that Magnificent was already added to the set so there were already 25 songs played, while a usual show has 24.

OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE :madwife::angry:

A couple of people suggested that they never intended to do all three, but just picked one of them. That seems highly likely to me, because especially in the heat I doubt Bono's voice would've lasted much longer. Keep in mind that Magnificent was already added to the set so there were already 25 songs played, while a usual show has 24.

I think you are exactly right. They intended to do one of them and picked which one they (actually probably Bono) felt like doing at that time.

I mentioned this before, but we saw an official setlist when they were playing S. America that had Mothers Of The Disappeared on it. Never played in S. America obviously (which was very odd IMO). I think one or two of those (OOC, Bad or 40) could turn up at Moncton. I think 40 will at least be snippeted at the end of MOS. But because it was on the NY printed list doesn't mean any of those songs are imminent for Moncton. It is unlikely that they will soundcheck for any of the remaining 3 shows, so massive surprises are not out of the question but not any kind of absolute or super likely either. :shrug:

I think Minneapolis and Pittsburgh will be more of the standard setlists, will be interesting to see if Magnificent stays in those two setlists.

I think it's possible they'll be closing with Bad next show, 40 the show after that and then choose what they think fits best overall of the three as a closer to end the tour in Moncton. That's my guess.

Yeah that's what I meant, snippet at the end of Bad.

40 was snippeted all the time during Elevation on Bad, but Bad obviously did not close the show ever on that tour. I do not recall if it occurred on Vertigo, seems like it occurred, but not frequently.

10/25/05 detroit. Bad closed the show and 40 was not snippeted. The snippet was People have the power to end the show. I remembered this because I was there. Check out the setlist, it was pretty unusual for the Vertigo tour.

10/25/05 detroit. Bad closed the show and 40 was not snippeted. The snippet was People have the power to end the show. I remembered this because I was there. Check out the setlist, it was pretty unusual for the Vertigo tour.

I think that happened at a couple other 3rd leg gigs as well.

Too lazy to look it up now!

I'm just happy they're leaving the option open and actually following through on an additional song some nights! Adds a nice element of surprise.

Though the sons of bitches didn't play Out of Control or Bad in Philly!!:wink:

How did anyone get a physical copy?! Or even a picture of the setlist for that matter?

AH stupid heat, I realllllllllly wanted to hear Bad. :drool:

I think if they DON'T close the 360 tour with "40", it will be a HUGE mistake.
Bad/40 would be a pretty awesome show/tour closer. I'd also love it if they closed Moncton with Breathe, just to bring the tour full-circle.

Achtung11 said:
How did anyone get a physical copy?! Or even a picture of the setlist for that matter?

AH stupid heat, I realllllllllly wanted to hear Bad. :drool:

The crew tossed several off the stage after the concert as we were leaving the pit. I was right next to someone who caught one, and we looked at her copy.

Back
Top Bottom