omg remixed magnificent rules! -OR- wtf this shit sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it in Winnipeg, but I don't remember much about it. That's really sad, because it's one of my favorite songs on NLOTH.

Even though they played the new version in Seattle, they soundchecked the old opening part when we were waiting to be let in...

Even though they played the new version in Seattle, they soundchecked the old opening part when we were waiting to be let in...

They were tinkering again with the old opener...but was planning on using the harsh keyboard blast sound and then floating into the song. I didn't think it worked and neither did Bono.

Oh and they could also stop playing three syllables of inspiration from Desmond Tutu every time Bono stops singing.

I love the new version. The old version just seemed flat. Its just a really slow song but the electronics give it the illusion of a silly BPM song

Have you heard the more recent version? They have been constantly developing the remix throughout this leg, and it sounds much better now - the drums seem to have become more fitting for the speed (and more interesting).
YouTube - ‪U2 - Magnificent (Live) -- Oakland Arena (7 June 2011)‬‏
I hope they play it at glastonbury!

YESSSS!! I'll have to listen thru proper speakers and a better version of that show, but thru my laptop I can faintly hear a steady kick on every beat and it seems sped up a bit..in other words, using the remix ideas..and the snare fills sound wayyyy better played at this speed, also...if so, this is the direction to head, good job!! :up:

By the time they hit Toronto, it'll likely be perfect and one of the better parts of the show in a town like this :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wow.....the sound in Edmonton must have been even worse than i thought. There are female voices in the chorus?!! I didn't hear them until listening to some youtube videos! Coulda fooled me that it was a new mix. Still patiently waiting for the bootleg........if checking 10 times a day means patient.

Back
Top Bottom