North American Tour Changes in Set list??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id like to hear ES. My wife really likes that song and her first u2 concert is the Chicago show on the 13th. I still wish on Gods green earth that we could hear Acrobat, So Cruel or Red Hill. As long as it doesnt rain come show time ill be sound as a pound.

Gonna be in Chicago for opening night on the 12th! My hope is they'll play the album version of Crazy then transition into a brief remix version. I also think it makes a lot of sense to play it earlier in the show if they want to really promote the single. I also really believe Stand Up Comedy near the front of the show would get the crowd a lot more pumped up than "No Line" would. And I would love to see Unforgettable Fire still in the setlist, but would also love to hear other rarities like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. Why the hell hasn't this song been played since PopMart?

I was born in the middle of the ZooTV Tour, so I never got the chance to be stupid enough to buy bootlegs. :D
oh you youngsters LOL. I got into U2 around 1990 or 91 ofcourse I am not much older but was born at the time U2 was born back in 1980 so i missed the thrill of hearing BOY or war for the first time at the same time as everyone else. Oh I miss U2 90's though!

I think the setlist will be slightly longer at about 25 songs per night. I don't expect much in the way of surprises, they'll try Your Blue Room, but I'm not sure it will get a good enough reaction to stick around.

Yes, I also heard DM and ES soundchecked in Dublin :drool:....but that only made me more anxious and now and want to hear them in the show!:hyper:

It's also about time the Sweetest Thing made a comeback. It's one of their biggest hits of the past 15 years, and why it's only been played live about 30 times is a mystery to me. Some have said it doesn't translate well live, but I was just watching some live versions on youtube and it sounds great! And the crowd seemed really into it. I was lucky enough to be at one of the shows where they played it live and we loved it!

It's also about time the Sweetest Thing made a comeback. It's one of their biggest hits of the past 15 years, and why it's only been played live about 30 times is a mystery to me. Some have said it doesn't translate well live, but I was just watching some live versions on youtube and it sounds great! And the crowd seemed really into it. I was lucky enough to be at one of the shows where they played it live and we loved it!

Not over my dead body.

Gonna be in Chicago for opening night on the 12th! My hope is they'll play the album version of Crazy then transition into a brief remix version. I also think it makes a lot of sense to play it earlier in the show if they want to really promote the single. I also really believe Stand Up Comedy near the front of the show would get the crowd a lot more pumped up than "No Line" would. And I would love to see Unforgettable Fire still in the setlist, but would also love to hear other rarities like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me. Why the hell hasn't this song been played since PopMart?

Stand Up Comedy replacing NLOTH (brilliant idea i must say)

Actually, I like this idea. SUC is not a favorite of mine, but early in the show it can get the crowd pumped a little more, then bring NLOTH later in the show when the crowd will really show its appreciation!

Thanks. Hopefully someone in the band will look at this page! lol They have been heard rehearsing SUC, right? So it seems they've at least thought about it. I would think there's a chance the song will be the fourth single. If so, they might want to start playing it.

As for the Sweetest Thing, I'm not quite sure why so many U2 fans seem to hate this song. I know many girls who call it their favorite U2 song. In my mind, it's also one of their best videos. And it still gets heavy radio airplay in the U.S.

Thanks. Hopefully someone in the band will look at this page! lol They have been heard rehearsing SUC, right? So it seems they've at least thought about it. I would think there's a chance the song will be the fourth single. If so, they might want to start playing it.

As for the Sweetest Thing, I'm not quite sure why so many U2 fans seem to hate this song. I know many girls who call it their favorite U2 song. In my mind, it's also one of their best videos. And it still gets heavy radio airplay in the U.S.

1) SUC has not been rehearsed in any known fashion.
2) Sweetest Thing is just poor man's Crazy Tonight.

1. Keep Ultraviolet in the encore at all costs.

2. Everything after that, I'm not really picky so much...

:)

Dont they ever think to just go wild on stage and play w.e like freaking like, and fuck casual fans!

Unfortunately, in order for them to do that, it would basically have to be any band up on stage except U2. To me, this is one of the many things that defines a band that has sold-out: playing predictable setlists with the classics for the casual fans.

This is one of two reasons as to why U2 is no longer my favorite band. The second being the last three albums have been mediocre at best.

Unfortunately, in order for them to do that, it would basically have to be any band up on stage except U2. To me, this is one of the many things that defines a band that has sold-out: playing predictable setlists with the classics for the casual fans.

This is one of two reasons as to why U2 is no longer my favorite band. The second being the last three albums have been mediocre at best.

Do you know what the definition of selling out is?

By "selling out", most people are simply saying that they are not doing what they would like them to do exactly. There are things that I would like them to do differently, but that is true of every band. They cannot be everything to everybody.

Or maybe it defines a band that has a multi million dollar stage production and for them to just pull songs out of hat would be nearly impossible to do on a nightly basis. Watch a club band if that's what you want.

Or maybe it defines a band that has a multi million dollar stage production and for them to just pull songs out of hat would be nearly impossible to do on a nightly basis. Watch a club band if that's what you want.

Just another example as to how the stage production has become more important than the music itself. Once technology took over on live performances, that was the end of the music. Well, with the exception of ZooTV and PopMart :drool:

Just another example as to how the stage production has become more important than the music itself. Once technology took over on live performances, that was the end of the music. Well, with the exception of ZooTV and PopMart :drool:
That's a contradiction.
:lol:

from U2.com:

Below, in alphabetical order, you'll see the songs the band have been playing on the tour to date. They've regularly been playing SEVEN tracks from No Line on the Horizon - along with tracks from EIGHT different earlier albums.

This time out are they going to surprise us with another track from No Line? Or with a staple from earlier live shows which has yet to featured? Or with something completely out of the blue? You tell us.

We're looking for you to predict one track you have a hunch they will add into the set.... and one track you'd die happy if they decide to play ? One hunch and one from the heart. Here's the list to date:
Angel Of Harlem
Bad
Breathe
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Desire
Electrical Storm
Elevation
Get On Your Boots
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
In A Little While
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Magnificent
MLK
Moment Of Surrender
Mysterious Ways
No Line On The Horizon
New Year's Day
One
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Party Girl
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out of
Stay (Far Away so Close)
The Unforgettable Fire
Unknown Caller
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Until The End of the World
Vertigo
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You

from U2.com:

Below, in alphabetical order, you'll see the songs the band have been playing on the tour to date. They've regularly been playing SEVEN tracks from No Line on the Horizon - along with tracks from EIGHT different earlier albums.

This time out are they going to surprise us with another track from No Line? Or with a staple from earlier live shows which has yet to featured? Or with something completely out of the blue? You tell us.

We're looking for you to predict one track you have a hunch they will add into the set.... and one track you'd die happy if they decide to play ? One hunch and one from the heart. Here's the list to date:
Angel Of Harlem
Bad
Breathe
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Desire
Electrical Storm
Elevation
Get On Your Boots
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
In A Little While
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Magnificent
MLK
Moment Of Surrender
Mysterious Ways
No Line On The Horizon
New Year's Day
One
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Party Girl
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out of
Stay (Far Away so Close)
The Unforgettable Fire
Unknown Caller
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Until The End of the World
Vertigo
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You
OUT OF THE BLUE :lol:

You're kidding right?

Back
Top Bottom