No Rock and Roll Hall of Fame setlist party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blown away by the intensity level Bruuuuuuce had during this!
Two years w/ no Springsteen? :scream: Can't do that!

Gimme Shelter was pretty good, however Mick singing on Stuck in a Moment. :no: Just no.

This.

I recorded the east coast feed, so I watched thru Jeff Beck, fast forwarding several performances :happy: Aretha had to do Respect, didn't she? I didn't see that air :angry:

For some reason, Bridge Over Troubled Water is one of the few songs that makes me cry (Imagine being the other off the top of my head). There, I said it. I cried :) Great song.

I knew in advance they weren't showing the U2 song with the Blackeyed Peas. It was a great version when we watched it online last month. I can't believe that song was cut. They could have cut something else :sigh:

I stopped the recording at Bruuuuuuuce, so I can't wait to pick up where I left off :)

I agree! what is with the slackage?

okay Jagger was scaring me a tad.

and who is the girl playing with Beck? dang that kid is good.

Hall of Fame show

Very interesting 4 hour show. U2 got knocked from ending show for Jeff Beck and Boss. Boss was quite impressive house band. I enjoyed Gimmie Shelter and wish the band would play impromtu like this on tour.

Bring up the opening act for a little interaction etc.
Was surprised no one shouted out a bob marley song for posterity.

Jeff Beck tour up the Beatles song and IMO is best live guitarist out there today.
Ozzy was quite impressive with his shout outs.....

ZZ TOP Guitarist and Beck playing Hendrix was a treat

:up:

so did Gimme Shelter sound pretty good?

do you like my chest?

I thought Mick and Fergie had some kind of interaction going on with this song that was very cool. She was amazing, and I loved what Edge did with it.

Stuck was incredible too, there was something going on between Bono and Mick. The words meant something more than what it was intended to them.

Magnificent was very emotional especially during the "I was born to sing for you" part. It was a great show live and I loved watching it again.

They cut one song out which was a shame.

They were having just as good of a time as we were!

well i did notice that as well... u2 was the second night headliner, but they had jeff beck play second to last, and springsteen play last. i understand bruce... his set was an epic hour and a half marathon while u2 was off the stage in a little over half an hour... but jeff beck was surprising. he was fantastic and all. maybe they just wanted a buffer between u2 and springsteen, or maybe they thought beck's set was better. :shrug: i dunno.

all i wanna know is if anyone was able to get an mp3 rip of the entire show, not just u2.

i'd assume something will show up on u2start.com or u2torrents either today or tomorrow. :wave:

Wild guess says that these performances will probably be made into a double or possibly a triple DVD set.

Also...

Quick reminder: This concert series was 2 nights long with 1 of the night's performances being 6 hours long. They were whittled down to one 4 hour show. So, stuff was bound to be edited out.

it's interesting how on backstreets u2 sucked except for the stuff with jagger and fergie, who knocked it out of the park... on interference u2 was awesome except for the jagger and fergie thing, which was lame 'cause jagger is scarry and fergie is all pop and shit.

either way both sides agree bruce knocked it out of the park (u2 settled for a double)

it's interesting how on backstreets u2 sucked except for the stuff with jagger and fergie, who knocked it out of the park... on interference u2 was awesome except for the jagger and fergie thing, which was lame 'cause jagger is scarry and fergie is all pop and shit.

either way both sides agree bruce knocked it out of the park (u2 settled for a double)

Yea Bruce was having a great time up there. Not sure what Bono means when he calls U2 a garage Band.... E street would suit that bill IMO. As they played more of other peoples songs.
FUn 2 nights and wish I would have been there to witness it. Bruce was in a space the last 6 months that very few bands get to. Not sure if it is due to Clarence impending surgery and that might be it for him or if by touring constantly for 2 years playing a large catalog of songs and you just hit a peak.
Wish we could get u2 to that point. WOuld be like the Lovetown tour with BB King......
:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom