mr claw wants an electric desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a big fan of the acoustic sets they've done on the past couple of tours (I was thrilled that at each of the Vertigo shows I went to, they played the more "rocking" encore instead of the mellower one), but I will reserve judgement on Desire until I've actually heard/seen it.

Maybe I'll suddenly think it's the best thing ever.

Couldn't agrre more Chizip, full electric Desire is where it's at. ZOO TV and Lovetown versions were out of this world. I'm one of the few who don't like U2 doing acoustic sets at all, I don't think there songs fit that style.
This

you know, all I ever hear around here is "U2 aren’t daring anymore" or "I wish U2 would get their balls back like back in the 90's" :blahblah:

I'm sorry but I don't know what is more daring than Mofo acoustic - now THAT takes balls if you ask me.

People only want U2 to be daring when it doesn't involve changing their music live and that is just sad if you ask me.

It would be awesome - people would hear how great those lyrics are without all that crazy, distracting (and yes, awesome) music hiding them.

lovetown desire=edge orgasming right on stage.

it's all yours plebans.

edgefire.gif

i played mofo on my acoustic to the mexico city video last night! :drool:

and it was pretty badass :lol: :rockon:

I second this thread. I've never liked acoustic Desire, period. I don't like much acoustic U2 at a real show at all, really. One song max per show and I'm cool. But then again I don't mind listening to it on boots, which means that at some point it was played live like that for someone else. So I'm being contradictory. I just don't like when they go on a 3 song acoustic set when *I'm* there, I guess :lol:

I kinda like the stripped down Desire. It's one thing to watch it on YouTube or TV or something, but when you're actually there, it's really fun to participate and sing along.

I know you can sing along to the loud electric version too, but the stripped down version is more fan friendly, especially when the band's down together right in front of the fans at the end of whatever ramp staging they have set up for the tour.

ah...the things fans like to argue about... :down:
Why can't some people just enjoy a show, instead of always finding something to complain about?!

Back
Top Bottom