Morrissey mentions U2 twice during his set; Journalist wonders if playing SOL...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, earlier performer acknowledges later headliner (shock!) and plays a cover song already in his regular setlist (shock! x2), and a journalist asks whether there was an oblique tribute while acknowledging how they're probably wrong. On the basis of this, you're demanding an apology?

Not getting it from me, for what it's worth.

It always was a stretch, it remains a stretch, and let's be honest, the jokes made about it were a whole lot funnier than your petulant little "truth is always mocked" fit and "lol look at me I'm so mature unlike you guys" stance (hint: if you're playing the "I'm so mature" high ground card, you probably aren't). This is Interference. If you've got an out-there theory, people are going to be more willing to hear it out if you 1. acknowledge it's out-there and 2. learn to play along with the obvious gags.

So, earlier performer acknowledges later headliner (shock!) and plays a cover song already in his regular setlist (shock! x2), and a journalist asks whether there was an oblique tribute while acknowledging how they're probably wrong. On the basis of this, you're demanding an apology?

Not getting it from me, for what it's worth.

It always was a stretch, it remains a stretch, and let's be honest, the jokes made about it were a whole lot funnier than your petulant little "truth is always mocked" fit and "lol look at me I'm so mature unlike you guys" stance (hint: if you're playing the "I'm so mature" high ground card, you probably aren't). This is Interference. If you've got an out-there theory, people are going to be more willing to hear it out if you 1. acknowledge it's out-there and 2. learn to play along with the obvious gags.

This is called "distortion."

1. Interesting how the people mocking me initially ignored my first statement which was that Morrissey would mention U2 on the day (and did - twice.)

Funny how now that it has happened it is obvious...

2. Where did I demand an apology? I was bemused at the fact that I probably would not get one and never "demanded" anything. You sound confused.

3. I never said it was not a stretch. Do you know what a question mark means?

My second question was posed as curiosity as to whether or not it could have been a nod (based on the proven fact - from an interview I posted - that Morrissey was well aware of U2's headlining presence and thus perhaps aware of Clayton's comments about a Zoo heavy set) to U2.

There was even a post over on Morrissey-solo lamenting that he was so preoccupied with U2 during his set.

4. The jokes were not funny. Despite a handful of posters having a juvenile go without backing up their shit talk, I saw no one laughing or saying how funny it was. The only time I saw someone make a post about something humorous is when I called "cobbler" a bitch for keeping the tired joke alive.

5. If some people are being immature and I'm not..then there is no "card" being played. That is just the reality of the situation - much like the "three stages of truth" reference. Just an interesting dynamic being played out that I pointed out.

At the end of the day I just did not appreciate the attacks and found no humor in saying that something was completely ridiculous when it was at least worth pondering (at a noteworthy journalist in the UK just did.)

You really do sound confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom