Moment of Surrender- Dropped verse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono9115

The Fly
Why did he stop singing the second verse.. " We set ourselves on fire, god do not deny her"? on this leg of the tour?

The OP is talking about this leg of the tour..Berlin also has the extra verse, my favorite version of MOS. :)

Edit: Just checked my RB dvd..doesn't contain the above mentioned verse.

Yes, they dropped it this year, which made me kind of sad, but it's still a very moving song live.

Last year they initially didn't sing it, then brought it back for a couple of shows. I like the song better with the verse, but it's long enough the way they are playing it now. I love MOS, great and touching song to close the show :up:

I'm actually missing this verse. It's such an important part of the song. I don't understand why Bono doesn't sing it. It's only a few seconds more, it doesn't make the song much longer or more complicated. Come on, Bono! :angry:

I HATE that they butchered that verse out.... I understood when they did it for SNL, then was hoping by the time they played Tampa it would have been back... NOPE. That, and the lack of "Unknown Caller" are my only gripes about the Tampa show. That night was MAGIC

Back
Top Bottom