Lady With The Spinning Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge_92

The Fly
Does anyone else feel that this song is too good to be a "B" side. Also that this song should be played live?

In 2010 when Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was being rotated almost nightly with Ultraviolet, I thought Lady With The Spinning Head would be an awesome addition to throw in the rotating slot for the second encore opener. I think it would be a great song, especially under the claw and with Bono's laser jacket (which should change colors for each song; Yellow for Batman, Violet for UV, or something) and the wheel mic.

But now that they have The Fly and Ultraviolet in rotation still, I think Lady With The Spinning Head would be too much of the same. Everyone would recognize the parts of Fly and UV. Still an awesome song though, and I'd love to see it played live. :drool:

Maybe on that rumored indoor B-sides and non-hits tour? :drool::drool::drool:

In 2010 when Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me was being rotated almost nightly with Ultraviolet, I thought Lady With The Spinning Head would be an awesome addition to throw in the rotating slot for the second encore opener. I think it would be a great song, especially under the claw and with Bono's laser jacket (which should change colors for each song; Yellow for Batman, Violet for UV, or something) and the wheel mic.

But now that they have The Fly and Ultraviolet in rotation still, I think Lady With The Spinning Head would be too much of the same. Everyone would recognize the parts of Fly and UV. Still an awesome song though, and I'd love to see it played live. :drool:

Maybe on that rumored indoor B-sides and non-hits tour? :drool::drool::drool:

Totally agree mate. Obviously if they played it they would have to use the "Spinning Head" visuals they used on the Zoo TV tour. :D

It would be awesome for some, but many in the audience would be clueless.

Also, with such a huge back catalogue of songs to choose from, I don't think a B side would be a top priority to play.

Also, with such a huge back catalogue of songs to choose from, I don't think a B side would be a top priority to play.

Well they've played Spanish Eyes on the tour. I think we both know that there's little chance it will ever be played. But when listening to the song, there's a fantastic riff, and the song would get the audience going. Am pretty sure every U2 fan has heard Lady With The Spinning Head.

People went crazy when they opened with Stingray, although they never heard it before. I think Spinning Head could work in a similar way as an opener or opening the encore instead of UV. Willie could play with the beautiful lights here. That would be awesome.

I'd like to see them at least attempt an extended snippet of Lady With The Spinning Head in The Fly or UV, sort of like what they did with Discotheque.

At Glasto, stuart, Adam's guitar tech actually did the starting bass to "Lady with the Spinning Head" when they were getting ready for U2. I swear I almost had a conniption when I heard it!!! It;s one of my favourite songs.
I also got the chance to ask Edge back in 92' why don't they play it. He said no because "no-one would f'in understand it!!!' Au contraire Mr Edge!!!!!:d:d

Love the song. Easily my favorite b-side by them. Would like to hear it live someday, but not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom