Is Ultraviolet permanantly gone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Moncton set list will have the standards as they know it will be a crowd made up predominatly of people who have never seen U2 and this may be their only show...new market and all. I think we may get one or two treats but the main body of the set will be tried and trusted. If it is anything like Montreal that will be fine with me, based on the crowd there would be a lot of people disappointed if the hits aren't played. It's a field, surrounded by woods, the claw will be there and U2, not much to argue about.
I would take the Ultraviolet over the song that even the letters make a long name:hyper:

I think the Moncton set list will have the standards as they know it will be a crowd made up predominatly of people who have never seen U2 and this may be their only show...new market and all. I think we may get one or two treats but the main body of the set will be tried and trusted. If it is anything like Montreal that will be fine with me, based on the crowd there would be a lot of people disappointed if the hits aren't played. It's a field, surrounded by woods, the claw will be there and U2, not much to argue about.
I would take the Ultraviolet over the song that even the letters make a long name:hyper:

I can see the setlist for the Moncton show similar to past shows, but with a few surprises like you said. They could break the 24-song limit the setlists have had and add/change a few songs. Maybe replace Stay with Bad or New Year's Day, maybe add Ultraviolet and "40" to the encore. Although this is wishful thinking, it'll be an interesting show.

I'm assuming we'll get both HMTMKMKM and Ultraviolet, it's been done a few times and neither version of the show has been done anywhere near there. I'm praying we get Bad and end with 40 as well.

Read in Rolling Stone where Bono says 'if' they play indoors next tour they are open to mixing it up more....to b sides, etc. So I don't see any mixing up the last few because Paul won't let them :D

I have heard that before from the band. Great idea, believe it if it happens.

I'm assuming we'll get both HMTMKMKM and Ultraviolet, it's been done a few times and neither version of the show has been done anywhere near there. I'm praying we get Bad and end with 40 as well.

Doubt it on all of your predictions other than HMTMKMKM will be played. Maybe a 40 snippet, although they did rehearse it in Baltimore..... :hmm:

I wondered if they were mulling over playing 40 at Glastonbury.

I think that is what they were doing. But they did rehearse it, not that long ago. So its not as big of a longshot. Without any rehearsal, not happening. Probably will still just be a Bono snippet at the end, like he did on Popmart, if its done.

Oh boy. If they play 40 at Moncton there's gonna be no end to the U2 crisis. Bono said that that's what they'd play at their last concert ever. :yes:

And he said that about Amazing Grace too. So if that turns up before Streets again, we know that it's all over guys.

:panic:INTERNATIONAL U2FAN CRISIS!!!!:panic:

Oh boy. If they play 40 at Moncton there's gonna be no end to the U2 crisis. Bono said that that's what they'd play at their last concert ever. :yes:

And he said that about Amazing Grace too. So if that turns up before Streets again, we know that it's all over guys.

:panic:INTERNATIONAL U2FAN CRISIS!!!!:panic:

:lol: Bono has also said they would never play Sunday Bloody Sunday again, in 1988.

They will be back, sooner rather than later from most reports. :)

I know, they are going to be back way before most people expect them. it's gonna be hillarious to see this place crash in the next few months. Won't be that long though..

Ultraviolet can come back after tonight. If it comes back tonight without hold me thrill me, I'm rushing the stage and stealing the edge's beanie.

I think Edge's beanie is safe! ;)

I was in Chicago for the Outside Broadcast in 1992 (think it was the first of the three shows on that leg) and two girls were brought on stage by Bono during Tryin. One of them snatched Edge's beanie off and put it on. Edge was NOT pleased. :lol:

:lmao: What? That's awesome! Wish we could get video footage of that!

:shifty: Idea for the AB remaster bonus dvd?

Unfortunately it is the September 15 1992 show that no audio or video has ever surfaced of. Bono also sang So Cruel complete that night. Which he only did twice, complete, and the other place was another show I was at September 9 1992 Detroit, which there is only an incomplete recording of. I was not very lucky with tapers at the shows I went to on the Outside Broadcast! LOL One reason I made sure it didn't happen again on later tours.

Unfortunately it is the September 15 1992 show that no audio or video has ever surfaced of. Bono also sang So Cruel complete that night. Which he only did twice, complete, and the other place was another show I was at September 9 1992 Detroit, which there is only an incomplete recording of. I was not very lucky with tapers at the shows I went to on the Outside Broadcast! LOL One reason I made sure it didn't happen again on later tours.

So Cruel? :drool:

Man what a major shame. Hm, I think I have that incomplete Detroit recording. It's Bono with an acoustic guitar right? :hmm:

Man what a major shame. Hm, I think I have that incomplete Detroit recording. It's Bono with an acoustic guitar right? :hmm:

The only recording I'm aware of that surfaced was from the MTV satellite transmission which stops at Wild Irish Rover. Which is when U2's crew cut the feed. So unfortunately it does not include So Cruel which was done after When Love Comes To Town. No known audience recording or complete recording of Detroit or that first Chicago show have surfaced. Although I have heard rumblings that the first Chicago show "may" exist. I'm skeptical though.

Back
Top Bottom