Is Ultraviolet permanantly gone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if this is worth spoiler-tagging, buuuuuuut...
They just soundchecked it in Anaheim. Makes sense, since they're playing two shows there. :hyper:

According to tweets, was rehearsed three times. I know they're not going to forget about it, but it's good they still have it in mind.

Now play it with HMTMKMKM back to back. :evil: :waiting:

Damn Ultraviolet was really spot-on that night.

I remember at the concert when they started it up I was freaking out cause it's one of my favorite songs of all time. But I also remember thinking to myself, "the guys are really playing this at the top of their game tonight." I think the Achtung Baby overload at this show made them all even more excited to bust out this beautiful song. Bono was singing with so much emotion, and Edge was shredding on the guitar so powerfully. Larry and Adam were rocking out with so much excitement and awe as well.

Great song on a great, great night. :drool::drool:

after being gone for two shows is it too early for me to start up a "is hmtmkmkm permanently gone" thread? :lol:

after being gone for two shows is it too early for me to start up a "is hmtmkmkm permanently gone" thread? :lol:

:lol: I hope it isn't, HMTMKMKM is the "ass-kicking" song. UV is the beautiful "purple Claw lighting" song. Willie could have done more than adding yellow lights in HMTMKMKM. How about yellow lighting on The Claw? :wink:

I hope it goes away for NJ. HMTMKMKM just doesn't work live for me. Ultraviolet all the way!

HMTMKMKM is incredible live. I love UV as well, and didn't mind it not being in the set at my show - totally makes up for it.

By the way, have a great time in NY/NJ!

I predict Moncton will get both UV and HMTMKMKM.

I predict Moncton probably has the standard setlist with a few different snippets here and there. They will most likely be flying in late the day of the show from NY and most likely will not soundcheck at all. I would not expect any major shake up for that show. If there is, it will most likely be Bono adding something impromptu at the end like Chicago and Nashville.

I predict HMTMKMKM and no Ultraviolet. I think it would be cool if they did both but they only tried it once on this tour and obviously did not think it worked or we would have seen it again by now.

Not trying to be a wet blanket. I hope the setlist is fantastic, just looking at it from a realistic U2 perspective. They are on auto pilot right now until the tour ends. So that typically means no major shake ups and no more soundchecks. I would love to be completely wrong! :) The NY show could be the only exception if they have any type of special guest. Plus they are actually staying in NY so they could get to the venue whenever they want easily if they decided they wanted to soundcheck. Not holding my breath on that either though. :lol:

Yeah, no one liked that show.

Really the only "planned" part of Honolulu 06 that was special and different setlist wise was the Pearl Jam appearance. Not sure U2 are planning anything like that with Arcade Fire, I seriously doubt it.

I'm sure Moncton will be a great show, most on this leg have been. I'm just not expecting anything majorly different setlist wise. Maybe Out Of Control instead of IWF??? Different, but not majorly. :lol: ;) The one caveat to that is if something impromptu happens like I mentioned before. Always a possibility, especially for a final show.

I'm not expecting 18 different songs in the playlist, but I think it will be a great show regardless, high emotion as the final show of the tour (even if it's exhaustion-inspired :lol: ).

Between Carney and Arcade Fire, there's got to be something out of the box there, whether it's a Spiderman song (yawn, but okay, fine) or something with Arcade Fire (that's the one thing I'm really hoping for).

Oh, and seriously, if they play Out of Control, that alone will be worth the trip for me. :)

Read in Rolling Stone where Bono says 'if' they play indoors next tour they are open to mixing it up more....to b sides, etc. So I don't see any mixing up the last few because Paul won't let them :D

Back
Top Bottom