Is The 360 Tour The New "Pop" Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batfink27

Acrobat
There something not right about this tour.I dont think the set list is that good and venues dont seem to be selling out.The reaction to NLOTH isnt very positive generally either.I get the feeling this is heading to a POP kind of failure?

You've had you're attention, now :lock:

Im not looking for attention.Where i live theyre selling the tickets for 30pounds now and the stadium isnt sold out.Most people ive spoken to,friends etc say the new album isnt very good.

With an average crowd so far of about 80,000 it is shaping up to be a total calamity.

:doh:

Im not looking for attention.Where i live theyre selling the tickets for 30pounds now and the stadium isnt sold out.Most people ive spoken to,friends etc say the new album isnt very good.

Two facts that have NOTHING to do with each other. YES they sell seats at 30 pounds. BUT the seats NOT SOLD OUT ARE THE 160P ONES. :|

And your friends have bad taste then. This album's been on the no. 1 spot worldwide for sales for a long time now. It's been widely positively received by both fans and critics.

Can we stop getting these ridiculous threads based on someone's personal opinion rather than something actually threadworthy? I'm sick of this bullshit.

30 June 2009 - Camp Nou - Barcelona - Capacity: 100,000 SOLDOUT - 54 minutes 07 July 2009 - San Siro - Milan - Capacity: 80,000 SOLDOUT - less than 72 hours
08 July 2009 - San Siro - Milan - Capacity: 80,000 SOLDOUT - less than 72 hours

11 July 2009 - Stade De France - Paris - Capacity: 80,000 SOLDOUT - less than 60 minutes
12 July 2009 - Stade De France - Paris - Capacity: 80,000 SOLDOUT - less than 60 minutes

15 July 2009 - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann - Nice - Capacity 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 60 minutes

20 July 2009 - Amsterdam Arena - Amsterdam - Capacity: 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 12 hours
21 July 2009 - Amsterdam Arena - Amsterdam - Capacity: 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 12 hours

24 July 2009 - Croke Park - Dublin - Capacity: 83,000 SOLDOUT - less than 15 minutes
25 July 2009 - Croke Park - Dublin - Capacity: 83,000 SOLDOUT - less than 90 minutes

31 July 2009 - Ullevi Stadium - Gothenburg - Capacity: 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 20 minutes
1 August 2009 - Ullevi Stadium - Gothenburg - Capacity: 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 60 minutes

10 August 2009 - Stadium Makimir - Zagreb - Capacity: 60,000 SOLDOUT - less than 12 hours

14 August 2009- Wembley Stadium - London - Capacity: 90,000 SOLDOUT - less than 48 hours

:lol: so far in this these bad times we have had a #1 album in 30+ different countrys (and a re-entry into the top 40 in the UK THIS WEEK), a tour that has grossed over $100.000.000 in just 13 shows, the biggest selling album of the year WORLDWIDE so far,
yes these really are bad times for U2 :|

I don't think the OP has ever seen pictures of the Popmart show in Tampa, Jacksonville, these kinds of places. Now those shows DID NOT SELL OUT!!! If U2 sells 80,000 tickets out of a possible 82,000 tickets, give them a break. Tampa Popmart sold 15,000 tickets, not sure what the capacity was, as I'm sure it was reduced and reconfigured. That wouldn't sell out an amphitheater show.

However, I'm very curious to see how Oklahoma sells. I'm sure that venue will not be close to sold out.

I don't think the OP has ever seen pictures of the Popmart show in Tampa, Jacksonville, these kinds of places. Now those shows DID NOT SELL OUT!!! If U2 sells 80,000 tickets out of a possible 82,000 tickets, give them a break. Tampa Popmart sold 15,000 tickets, not sure what the capacity was, as I'm sure it was reduced and reconfigured. That wouldn't sell out an amphitheater show.

However, I'm very curious to see how Oklahoma sells. I'm sure that venue will not be close to sold out.

OKC has sold well over 15k tickets, at least. I don't remember what the exact numbers are, but we won't see another PopMart Tampa disaster, at least on the first US leg.

Having said that, you can pick up tickets for Sheffield for well below face value on eBay now. I paid £65 last month to get one for my friend, and today I managed to get a GA for £36 (genuine sale, poor bloke). But in general pairs of GAs are going for about £80-90.

Still, the tour is great and I look forward to my fifth show on Friday. But... give me Mofo to open, insane mirrorball Lemon, Gone etc. and I'll wager Popmart was a great thing in its way.

On the whole, I would disagree with Batfink but I don't think his argument is worthy of the petulant derision I've encountered above. After all the reaction to NLOTH has hardly been ecstatic- the metacritic rating- 7 below HTDAAB- says it all. Like Pop it's an album the more committed fans appreciate- I don't hear "Breathe" and "Magnificent" on the general public's lips but I sure heard "Vertigo" and "City Of Blinding Lights" in 2004 ( such poor taste, what can I say?). But there are important differences- firstly, U2's position is more solid in 2009 than in 1997 which means the tour has drawn more fans, regardless of what they think of NLOTH and secondly the band have improved their self-promotion. Alas there was nothing analogous to the gloriously ironic Kmart conference in 2009.

I :heart: the KMart press conference. :angry:

I do too, the cleverest thing they ever did. I'll never forget Bono's answer when asked "why Kmart?" "Well we're a multi-outlet outfit ourselves", he smirked. Genius! I just wish he'd rediscover some irony. When I said that U2 had improved their self-promotion I wasn't claiming it's been an especially good thing.

OKC has sold well over 15k tickets, at least. I don't remember what the exact numbers are, but we won't see another PopMart Tampa disaster, at least on the first US leg.

i sure hope we have sold over 15k tickets. I know GA sold out and some of the levels have too, honestly i dont have any figures though.

I do too, the cleverest thing they ever did. I'll never forget Bono's answer when asked "why Kmart?" "Well we're a multi-outlet outfit ourselves", he smirked. Genius! I just wish he'd rediscover some irony. When I said that U2 had improved their self-promotion I wasn't claiming it's been an especially good thing.

I still have the K-Mart press conference on tape somewhere..:lol: I :heart: it too :)

Is The 360 Tour The New "Pop" Tour?

Whoa, whoa whoa! Let's not start comparing the 360 Tour to the AWESOMENESS of the GOD-DEFYING POPMART!

Thou shalt not even mention POPMART's name if thou are not worthy!

Now go back to Lukey's house now. Come on now, go on....

Whoa, whoa whoa! Let's not start comparing the 360 Tour to the AWESOMENESS of the GOD-DEFYING POPMART!

Thou shalt not even mention POPMART's name if thou are not worthy!

Now go back to Lukey's house now. Come on now, go on....

Thou shalt not use the second person singular pronoun if thou art going to conjugate thy verbs incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom