Is MOFO coming? Where is it going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2387

Refugee
U2 gigs says the song itself(not the now familiar COBL snippet) was soundchecked (any help Ax??)

We know on Vertigo leg 3 they were about an inch from bringing it back. Are we there? Is it coming any night now? I have a feeling it is, given the fact that Boston 2 seemed to start a shake up in the set list!

Where in the set would a song like Hold me thrill me..., MOFO, Last Night On Earth, Even better...real thing or Discoteque fit? Do we need a middle encore? Or should U2 drop WOWY and open with one of these rockers into Ultraviolet>MOS?

Other thoughts?

I have a feeling that U2 are obsessed with the idea of revamping the current setlist, i sense restlessness, hence some of their behaviour in relation to the messing with the first 5 songs in recent nights, a mid tour crisis maybe?

I sense a change coming to the encore, maybe Mofo will fit in here, replacing Ultraviolet maybe?

Or possibly replace Vertigo or City Of Blinding Lights? Things are getting interesting, MoFo could certainly work together with Crazy Tonight Redanka.

U2 gigs says the song itself(not the now familiar COBL snippet) was soundchecked (any help Ax??)

The U2Start guys broke the news ... certainly makes sense to me, it explains why a lyric from it suddenly cropped up as a snippet.

(Makes you wonder about that ADWM snippet in UF late on the first leg too, huh ...)

Personally, I'm all for the encore being revamped. Replace Ultra Violet with a good song, i.e. Mofo, and replace WOWY with a song that the band can still perform well (and that sounds OK after Mofo).

Now, I may be talking out of my arse here, but I wonder if it'll come back in Raleigh to make up for the cancelled Popmart concert there.

I think it would go great with the Crazy Remix. So maybe they'll replace Vertigo with it.

I think it would go great with the Crazy Remix. So maybe they'll replace Vertigo with it.

I say play it between Vertigo and Crazy, and to make room, boot Elevation out from earlier in the main set.

I don't think they'll drop Vertigo, regardless of what people think, the casuals go bat shit crazy for it, and ultimately it works better than Elevation or Get on your Boots as a stadium rock track. City of Blinding Lights will probably be played every night, given that it's the biggest set piece light show in the set. If Mofo is played it'll be pretty early in the set.

Nah the ape-shit levels created by Vertigo / Crazy / Sunday are off the rickter scale.. Mofo in the middle would be too much. But it has to appear somewhere..dare I say it, interchange it with UV?

MOFO coming to Raleigh

I beleive the band will play MOFO for Raleigh as a nod to the canceled show from PopMart. (it was rehearsed in NJ last night) I would prefer Gone or Please.
How many folks are going that had tickets for Pop there?
I still have my ticket and think I will bring it along and try to get a autograph.
I remember seeing the stage setup in place before they canceled due to technical issues after DC storm. (Not that I beleive that as they had only sold 10,000 tickets or so) Claw will arrive on Sunday from NJ for assembly.
Raleigh is only city to ever have a show canceled by u2 if I am not mistaken. Even Austraila got a show when Adam was out misbehaving.......
Maybe they will bring out the lemon just for the kick of it... LOL:up:

I say play it between Vertigo and Crazy, and to make room, boot Elevation out from earlier in the main set.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I have a strong feeling Mofo will show up. This is the second tour in a row they've worked on it, and we all know that Bono loves it. Not to mention, it would fit in really well at that spot. The other spot I can see it fitting in really well is as a replacement to or right before Ultraviolet in the encore (preferably the latter).

I don't think they'll drop Vertigo, regardless of what people think, the casuals go bat shit crazy for it, and ultimately it works better than Elevation or Get on your Boots as a stadium rock track. City of Blinding Lights will probably be played every night, given that it's the biggest set piece light show in the set. If Mofo is played it'll be pretty early in the set.

And yet they've intentionally murdered the crowd's "energy" with Your Blue Room, and seem to enjoy playing that song.

Replace Elevation with it. They'd be mad to drop Vertigo, and Crazy Tonight.

Is it confirmed that Mofo was sound checked on 9/24? If it was, I'm gonna take credit for it. :hyper: I was in the pit on 9/23 with a glow-in-the-dark banner that says 'MOFO PLEASE'. I know Bono stopped in front of me and saw it. And so did Adam. They didn't show any reaction to it, but the fact that it was sound-checked made me happy! I'll post a picture of my banner here later...

There were other songs soundchecked and never played.

I couldn't care less for Mofo. But for those of you who want to hear it maybe you'll be lucky. I'd rather hear other songs played live.

I'm glad to believe that the chances of Mofo being played are rising! I don't give a damn if the casual fans shake their heads, we don't need them!

Is it confirmed that Mofo was sound checked on 9/24? If it was, I'm gonna take credit for it. :hyper: I was in the pit on 9/23 with a glow-in-the-dark banner that says 'MOFO PLEASE'. I know Bono stopped in front of me and saw it. And so did Adam. They didn't show any reaction to it, but the fact that it was sound-checked made me happy! I'll post a picture of my banner here later...

:lol: :hug: okay!

might want to put "spoiler" in the title for people that are trying to stay away from setlists. there might not be many, but i'm sure there are still a few.

Before UV would be a great place for Mofo. I'd love to relive the PopMart intro a la the Zoo Station/ZooTV encore on the Vertigo tour. That microphone that's flown in is kind of like the ones you'll find in a boxing ring, if Bono feels like shadow boxing his way back onstage!

I agree with many posters - Please eliminate "Elevation" and replace it with "Mofo". However, I'm not sure how most concert goers (i.e., non-hardcore U2 fans) will take to the change.

this stage setup is made for some Pop era songs... very surprising that none of them, even hold me thrill me, has made it thus far. so i wouldn't be surprised at all if MoFo showed up.

but i would disagree with replacing Vertigo... like the song or not it's one of the highlights of the show.

now if they'd replace moment of surrender...

I don't think there really is a need to eliminate a song from the set list just to play Mofo. A 24 song set list is nothing and i know U2 have played longer shows.

Back
Top Bottom