intro to streets , not that good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every so often Bono sings this melody at the end of Streets. He doesn't really sing it with as much conviction these days...I'm not sure why, but it's very prominent in this video, for example, at about the 5:20 mark when he sings "I wanna go there with you" -

YouTube - U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name (ZOO TV,Adelaide 1993)

I hope for this at the end of every performance of Streets but usually he doesn't do it...in the 8/15 Wembley performance, he sings (around 5:08 mark) "it's all I can do....I wanna go there..."- and it's that same melody he has been singing since the late 80's....

A really good example of this is the 1993 Aug. 28th ZooTV performance of this...the whole performance is great, but for me it features one of the greatest endings to Streets ever

Ah right! :up:

For some reason I think October would be a good segue into Streets. Both songs have a dramatic build up that might complement each other really well. (This will probably never happen, but it is nice to dream).

didn't beautiful day segue into streets at the superbowl? or vice versa? or streets wasn't played at all? lol.

It was Beautiful Day > MLK > Streets. So emotional and powerful.

BTW, this new segue into Streets with Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone seemed unlikely at first, but somehow it really works. I'm liking it! :up:

Back
Top Bottom