If they did the "Crazy" remix, why not go for a "All Because Of You" Remix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then maybe they'd play Drowning Man (The Steve Lillywhite Slightly Louder Bass Mix).

I hate ABOY passionately, but some if the remixes (and alt. version) are tolerable.

I'd rather hear Salome (Zooromancer Remix), EBTTRT (Perfecto Remix), Elevation (Influx Remix) and several others before ABOY in any form.

Because ABOY shouldn't exist in any form.

Quoted for much truth.

Now, if they're going to do another remix live, I have six words for you people: LADY. WITH. THE. MOTHERFUCKIN'. SPINNING. HEAD.

ABOY is mixed terribly, the opening guitar chords are shrill to the point of being painful to hear. I can only imagine what they do to dog's ears!

Quoted for much truth.

Now, if they're going to do another remix live, I have six words for you people: LADY. WITH. THE. MOTHERFUCKIN'. SPINNING. HEAD.

you know what would be good too and not too much of a stretch is the 'even better than the real thing' perfecto mix. it was rehearsed too was it not?

Quoted for much truth.

Yes. Although I'm not sure how Edge would feel about playing a song with the same riff as a song they've already played 316 times.
ABOY is mixed terribly, the opening guitar chords are shrill to the point of being painful to hear. I can only imagine what they do to dog's ears!
ABOY is probably their worst song mix ever.
you know what would be good too and not too much of a stretch is the 'even better than the real thing' perfecto mix. it was rehearsed too was it not?
Yes, although we think it was just Bono singing over a backing track.

Yes. Although I'm not sure how Edge would feel about playing a song with the same riff as a song they've already played 316 times.

Given how many times he's played the Pride and IWF riffs, playing some riff for the 317th time will probably still feel like a novelty!

Given how many times he's played the Pride and IWF riffs, playing some riff for the 317th time will probably still feel like a novelty!

True that.

It looks like Pride has finally overtaken IWF! In theory, at least.

True that.

It looks like Pride has finally overtaken IWF! In theory, at least.

You have no idea how tempted I am to go through those 130+ setlist-less shows that I'm dead certain IWF had to have been played at, and add IWF just to get the stats to accurately reflect reality.

You have no idea how tempted I am to go through those 130+ setlist-less shows that I'm dead certain IWF had to have been played at, and add IWF just to get the stats to accurately reflect reality.

You never know... it's possible that U2 just happened to choose those nights to not play IWF, even if they were playing it two or three times at every other show...

You never know... it's possible that U2 just happened to choose those nights to not play IWF, even if they were playing it two or three times at every other show...

Exactly. There's probably one show lurking out there that's IWF-less.

Or maybe it really was their eighties One. :wink:

Since they debuted this crazy Crazy version I think it would be cool to have a little remix mini-set, using Redanka's take on Vertigo (since they won't drop this anyway - and this is a really cool version, folks would go crazy), and Perfecto EBTTRT (it was rehearsed at least).

Like this:
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo (Redanka Power Mix)
Even Better Than the Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Redanka Kick the Darkness Vocal)

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Seriously, if you haven't heard Redanka's take on Vertigo yet, do it. I don't like the original Vertigo, but this remix is really, really cool.

Since they debuted this crazy Crazy version I think it would be cool to have a little remix mini-set, using Redanka's take on Vertigo (since they won't drop this anyway - and this is a really cool version, folks would go crazy), and Perfecto EBTTRT (it was rehearsed at least).

Like this:
City of Blinding Lights

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Seriously, if you haven't heard Redanka's take on Vertigo yet, do it. I don't like the original Vertigo, but this remix is really, really cool.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of playing more than one remix live, but I really do like this idea.

Like this:
City of Blinding Lights

Sunday Bloody Sunday

that is my nightmare scenario.

i don't really get why people would want to see their favorite band, play a cover of a cover of one of their own songs that now sounds nothing like them.

that is my nightmare scenario.

i don't really get why people would want to see their favorite band, play a cover of a cover of one of their own songs that now sounds nothing like them.

For the same reason I think that the 1987-1992 versions of With or Without You, with a little Edge solo and Shine Like Stars, are the best versions of those songs. A U2 show where they play album arrangements would be boring.

Back
Top Bottom