I can't believe _____ hasn't been played this entire tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to say Discotheque! The claw would just.... clench!

Otherwise something really... grinding. Mofo, The Fly, HMTMKMKM, oh oh oh - Lady With The Spinning Head!

U2 didn't necessarily retire Bullet because of the fans. They retired it because they felt like it.

I wish they hadn't, I miss it. It would have been great on this tour if it returned to the ZOO-Elevation versions. :up:

also while they have played Bad, they should play it more! Bad is Good!

:up: I was so excited to hear Bad at Chicago 1 :hyper: I agree would love to hear that more in next years part of the tour.

As others have said The Fly, Two Hearts, Stand Up Comedy

Bullet -happy it has not been played. It needed a rest for at least a tour
Hold Me, Thrill Me -staging seems perfect for it and it hasn't been done for over a decade.

i can't believe it's not butter hasn't been played this entire tour

-dan

The Fly, Electric co.

On the other hand, allot of the Fly performance's on vertigo were not that great.

Drowning man, Electrical Storm

So unhappy about those two not being played on a regular basis (DM not even played in a show at all....) :sad:

And I must say that I'm surprised they didn't include Stand Up Comedy in this tour, it seemed a Stadium song to me....

i was about to respond to this thread with the same exact statements...those three and FEZ would be awesome!!!

I can't believe...

White As Snow, Stand Up Comedy, Fez-Being Born and Cedars Of Lebanon

...weren't played at all this entire tour and that, with the possibe release of a new album next year, they'll never be played.

I can't believe...

White As Snow, Stand Up Comedy, Fez-Being Born and Cedars Of Lebanon

...weren't played at all this entire tour and that, with the possibe release of a new album next year, they'll never be played.

Really? On a massive stadium tour you can't believe the 3 softest songs on the album haven't been played?

To be honest, I don't think the tour and the album fit. The album is kind of reflective for the most part, with a few rockers, while the Claw is, well, it's something else. Looking at the Claw, I wouldn't expect anything ridiculous, but I think that HMTMKMKM should be there, it definitely fits. Would love Mofo bus not sure how the band would feel about it amongst everything else. The Fly would be incredible, shame it's been played the last 2 tours.

As its a tour promoting NLOTH i also dont understand the logic of playing Stuck/IALW. If they want a little acoustic number whats wrong with White as snow?
Stuck:
Entire Skydome went nuts when Edge finished the falsetto outro.

White as Snow:
Probably, what, 30% of the crowd would recognize the song, with less of that actually wanting to hear it live.

Live setlist choices aren't like putting together a baseball card collection (sorry, Radiohead). You play what the crowd knows and what will get them into the show. Even if you pull out that "obscure, back catalogue song" a lot of the time it will be something that most fans will know anyway.

Into the Heart was a disaster live from the overall crowd standpoint.

my magic 8ball tells me different songs get played in the new year. a way for us to legitimize paying for tickets again.

probably a return to the fly and discotheque once mark pellington and catherine owens get some free time reinventing the visuals for those songs :D

My Slow Loris tells me that we'll at least see a slate of SOA material live next year.

The more rocking tunes really.

Where is The Fly, HMTMKMKM, Gone, Please, Mofo, Dirty Day, EBTTRT etc etc etc. The setlist is too soft U2 need to get badass again.

Really? On a massive stadium tour you can't believe the 3 softest songs on the album haven't been played?

To be honest, I don't think the tour and the album fit. The album is kind of reflective for the most part, with a few rockers, while the Claw is, well, it's something else. Looking at the Claw, I wouldn't expect anything ridiculous, but I think that HMTMKMKM should be there, it definitely fits. Would love Mofo bus not sure how the band would feel about it amongst everything else. The Fly would be incredible, shame it's been played the last 2 tours.
The setlist is dominated by mid-tempo atmospheric tracks and some of the usual rockers, unlike Vertigo Tour, for instance.
Switch "Stuck In A Moment", this paced-down version of "Stay" and the desperated "With Or Without You" by some of those 4 new songs, and it'll succeed in the show, you'll see. ;)

Back
Top Bottom