How many shows (Total) do you think U2 has played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
I am working on a complete list of known recordings, and I now have every show tracked. Just for fun (no cheating), how many shows you think U2 have played?

I will post the answer pretty quickly...

I'm guessing someone if they did their research could get close, but I doubt we'll ever be absolute...

Precisely. We don't know how many shows they played in the early days as records are incomplete.

Then there's the question of what do you count as a show. Only full tour concerts? Festival appearances? Shows played as Feedback and The Hype? Promo gigs for TV, radio, etc.? Do all four band members have to be in attendance (if so, what was 26 November 1993, "where's Adam?" in Sydney)?

In other words, you can never have an absolute answer.

Precisely. We don't know how many shows they played in the early days as records are incomplete.

Then there's the question of what do you count as a show. Only full tour concerts? Festival appearances? Shows played as Feedback and The Hype? Promo gigs for TV, radio, etc.? Do all four band members have to be in attendance (if so, what was 26 November 1993, "where's Adam?" in Sydney)?

In other words, you can never have an absolute answer.

I think you've said it pretty much spot on

Back
Top Bottom