First Time NYD is Played on the Tour - a Non-Issue?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NYD is wonderful live. Like UTEOTW, it's one of those songs where U2 brings it every time. Haven't heard any of the recent versions, so I can't say that it has improved or regressed. Just glad to see it around (on occasion).

I love NYD. It did start sounding tired on Elevation when they played it every night, but its one of those songs that are still great. UTEOTW>>NYD has always been one of my fav transitions...they should do it on this tour.

both great live songs...

I loved it in Dublin 3 when Bono asks for more bass distortion.......

This has always been one of my favourite tunes, and i've heard so many performances of it that i'm particularly "critical" of the song. I listen super closely to it to see how it "ranks" as compared to other performances. That night, Edge particular was *scorching* with it.

It seems like every time I have been to a show in the past, i've always found that it hasn't been as good as other "famed" recordings of it, but at Dublin 3 I found myself just thinking "Wow.......this might be just as good or even better....." I was really thrilled, actually.

It's a decent tune for the casual fan but I have to say I am a bit sick of it as this stage, it has been played to death over the last 25 years :/ That said, I do recognise that the majority of people attending U2 shows will be casual fans who will want to hear the likes of NYD so I will put up with it as a rotater song :wink:

I loved it in Dublin 3 when Bono asks for more bass distortion.......

This has always been one of my favourite tunes, and i've heard so many performances of it that i'm particularly "critical" of the song. I listen super closely to it to see how it "ranks" as compared to other performances. That night, Edge particular was *scorching* with it.

It seems like every time I have been to a show in the past, i've always found that it hasn't been as good as other "famed" recordings of it, but at Dublin 3 I found myself just thinking "Wow.......this might be just as good or even better....." I was really thrilled, actually.

:up:

I thought it was a great performance, quicker than last few tours, Larry hitting harder. I liked it!

I noticed that as well! Larry was certainly hitting harder than even the leg 4 and 5 Vertigo tour NYD performances.

It's a decent tune for the casual fan but I have to say I am a bit sick of it as this stage, it has been played to death over the last 25 years :/ That said, I do recognise that the majority of people attending U2 shows will be casual fans who will want to hear the likes of NYD so I will put up with it as a rotater song :wink:

Well, I cannot speak for the "casual fan" (but you are probably right) as I have been listening to NYD since when it was a new single (my brother played his War record non-stop right at bed time, and we shared a room, almost to the point that I began to hate the album.....LOL.....). NYD HAS, indeed, been played to death....it's true....*but* I listen to it, and it remains one of my all time favourites because of Edge's trademark and scorching guitars on it. I really appreciate his playing and I think you really get to hear his "old style" most prominently in it.....I have fun listening to the song seeing how he has gotten better :) Sort of like when I saw David Gilmour (from Pink Floyd) a little while back.....Comfortably Numb is overplayed as hell, but you want to hear the guitar solo because it's just so great and it's fun to see how he's improved upon it.

Anyway, that's just my take.......

Back
Top Bottom