Favorite Snippets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
List some of your favorite snippets here.

I've really been digging the My Sweet Lord snips at the end of Mysterious Ways on this tour. And, of course, Discotheque was awesome during Crazy Tonight.

I also like Blackbird, Here Comes The Sun, and Sgt. Peppers snips during Beautiful Day.

But I gotta say, my favorite snippets of all time were in the Rattle and Hum version of Bad - when Bono snippets Ruby Tuesday and Sympathy For The Devil. They worked perfectly and I wish he'd do those ones more often.

Fully agreed on the Bad snippets cobl04 and TheEdge25 :up:

Blackbird in BD is a great one, i remember at my first show that was one of the coolest moments at the start of the show, not sure why

Stand by Me in ISHFWILF pure rocks!

And I like the 'Rain' snippet at Zurich (II?) before streets! :)

oh and when they used to snippet their own songs like WGRYWH and The First Time etc in Bad during the 00's tours were ok

Those Bad snippets are iconic for sure! I always liked the Walk On the Wild Side snips too.

All time favorite is probably the Resolution and Independence snippet during the Streets intro at Lovetown Dublin (12-26-89?). Chills...

The best Bad snip for my money is Norwegian Wood.

Been loving the Movin' On Up snippet this tour.

But my favourite, undeniably, is the Resolution And Independence snippet over the intro of Streets on 26 December 1989. Absolutely perfect.

I like IGC at the end of BD for this tour. I really wish they would play that song again.

For other tours, I thought WILATW after that one Bad performance sounded awesome. When Bono sings the Shine Like Stars part after WOWY is perfect. Stories For Boys with Vertigo was sick.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, tops Ruby Tuesday and Sympathy for the Devil in Bad.

I'd beg to differ. I can think of better snippets in Bad alone.

Some examples:

Break on Through in Until the End of the World (number 1 for me)
Silver and Gold, Gloria (Van Morrison) and Riders on the Storm in Exit
Amazing Grace and Dirty Old Town in Running To Stand Still
The Fly in Discotheque
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car in The Fly (Vertigo Tour, Chicago) and When Love Comes To Town (ZooTV)
The First Time, Fool To Cry, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, When I Look at the World, 40 in Bad
Send in the Clowns, Bullet With Butterfly Wings and I Can See For Miles in The Electric Co.
Hawkmoon 269 and Running To Stand Still in Desire (Elevation Tour, Cologne)

WILATW is not a snippet. It goes for about two minutes, and he sings the first verse, chorus, second verse and chorus again if I'm not mistaken.

It's still slap-bang in Bad; it's not an independent performance of WILATW.

WILATW is not a snippet. It goes for about two minutes, and he sings the first verse, chorus, second verse and chorus again if I'm not mistaken.

As Axver said, it's incorporated into Bad and Edge is playing a variation of the chords over Bono's lyrics. It's a huge snippet though.

As Axver said, it's incorporated into Bad and Edge is playing a variation of the chords over Bono's lyrics. It's a huge snippet though.

A huge, gorgeous snippet that I love, but still I want to punch the wanker in the face that keeps saying "I can't believe it."

:D

I really dug the Vertigo snippet of the Patti Smith song whose name I am uncomfortable typing. They didn't do it often, but it was cool.

"Baby was a black sheep, baby was a whore!"

I think that was the line he snippeted - maybe it was "outside of society, is where I wanna be"? (And he also referenced the song during the Elevation "Bullet" Chapman rant.) I might have to try and dig out one of the bootlegs where he did it.

Starts at 6:24. Edge's backing vocals are the standout here.

Heh, interesting. That one has to be my least favourite snippet. I just don't think it fits I Still Haven't Found at all.

Heh, interesting. That one has to be my least favourite snippet. I just don't think it fits I Still Haven't Found at all.

I don't see it so much as Exodus not fitting ISHFWILF as ISHFWILF's melody working exceptionally well with the message of Exodus. It's such a jubilant, incredible outro, and when they add in that fucking powerful chorus of Marley's, it's just magic.

I don't see it so much as Exodus not fitting ISHFWILF as ISHFWILF's melody working exceptionally well with the message of Exodus. It's such a jubilant, incredible outro, and when they add in that fucking powerful chorus of Marley's, it's just magic.

I think it's incredibly corny. Agree to disagree then.

I definitely think snippets like Stand By Me and Movin' On Up are better at the end of ISHFWILF than Exodus. But I've listened to so many JT/Lovetown boots that when I hear the studio version of ISHFWILF, I just about start singing Exodus at the end anyway.

I definitely think snippets like Stand By Me and Movin' On Up are better at the end of ISHFWILF than Exodus. But I've listened to so many JT/Lovetown boots that when I hear the studio version of ISHFWILF, I just about start singing Exodus at the end anyway.

I tried singing ISHF on karaoke once and burst into Exodus. I got some funny looks:lol:

I always liked the angry Candle In The Wind snip from Self Aid.
The tiny snip of 11 O'Clock TT in Bullet from some of the Lovetown shows was very effective too

Nothing, and I mean nothing, tops Ruby Tuesday and Sympathy for the Devil in Bad.

Nah, that's pretty far down the list for me. Too typical or something.

I like the other Bad snippets ie Norwegian Wood, Wild Horses, When I Look, All I Want...etc

Still Haven't Found / Exodus is sublime. Three Little Birds, also.

Back
Top Bottom