Favorite Snippets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps not their best snippet, but one quite recent one I came to think of.

YouTube - U2 Zurich 2010-09-12 Where The Streets Have No Name - u2gigs.com

I just love the rain backdrop with this peaceful rendition of Rain (also with a small hint of rain-sounds to top it off :cute:). It fades into WTSHNN perfectly with Bono reaching for the high notes fusing the two together. :up:

Best version of WTSHNN this tour also right after it. Nice! :applaud:

I love Shine Like Stars in WOWY, that is my first favorite. And then Unchained Melody in One, like the Zoo TV live versions. Relax in Crazy Tonight sounds awesome too!

I love Shine Like Stars in WOWY, that is my first favorite.

I wouldn't call this a snippet. It's more of an added verse. Just like the Hear Me Coming coda in One, or the Mark Chapman rant in Bullet and so on.

I wouldn't call this a snippet. It's more of an added verse. Just like the Hear Me Coming coda in One, or the Mark Chapman rant in Bullet and so on.
I count it as a snippet. But as for snippets in With or Without You, I have to say Love Will Tear Us Apart is excellent. :)

For me, "snippet" only applies if they're throwing in a bit of someone else's song, or even one of their own songs. They're doing a snippet of a cover, or a snippet of another U2 song.

If they're just adding extra lyrics, like 'shine like stars' in WOWY, or 'do you hear us coming' in One, that's just extra lyrics, it's not from something that already exists (even if it's maybe from some unrecorded U2 song, or an earlier draft of the song).

For me, "snippet" only applies if they're throwing in a bit of someone else's song, or even one of their own songs. They're doing a snippet of a cover, or a snippet of another U2 song.

If they're just adding extra lyrics, like 'shine like stars' in WOWY, or 'do you hear us coming' in One, that's just extra lyrics, it's not from something that already exists (even if it's maybe from some unrecorded U2 song, or an earlier draft of the song).

Agreed.

I only list Shine Like Stars (and, when I get around to fully cataloguing it, Hear Us Coming) as "snippets" on U2gigs because I don't have an alternate form of categorisation. Creating a separate "extra verse" category would require far more coding effort than it's worth.

I'm devastated that I've heard One four times live and on each occasion Bono's just gone, "ooohhh ohh ohh" instead of Do You Hear Us Coming Lord, which takes it into the stratosphere.

Yes.

I count it as a snippet.

You would be wrong then.

Back
Top Bottom