Even better than the real thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kooky Kath

Babyface
glastonbury.jpg

GIGS

Isn't on the 25th of June that U2 is the headliner?

For fans in Australia wanting to watch the live webcam, the performance will actually be in the early hours of the 26th - hence what they've put on the flier.

Well we know 1 new song they'll change this year. Wonder what the other will be? ;)

Edge teased us with the opening riff in Pasadena last October during the afternoon soundcheck. I was disappointed they didn't actually play it.

hahah how do people know this stuff? :lol:

Sometimes the stadiums aren't entirely closed down, you could get a peek inside. I recall watching a video clip of Walk On Being rehearsed before the opening night of the tour on Barcelona and you could see the band on stage.

So, if people caught a glimpse of Dallas playing the intro, then it's the reason for knowing it these things.

Otherwise, Dallas plays some stuff differently than Edge so while you could perhaps identify the song/sound, you would also know that it's not Edge that is playing the guitar even if you couldn't see who is onstage for the soundcheck. For instance; Edge wouldn't play the opening riff of Mysterious Ways the way Dallas does here - adding a little something at the end of each "schwoosh" chord-riff:
YouTube - Dallas Schoo sound checks The Edge's guitars & rig before U2's 360° show @Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

YouTube - U2 Cardiff 2009-08-22 Mysterious Ways

Dallas is fucking badass

seriously though, I love how U2 fans really GET INTO this stuff! Hanging out and watching soundchecks and so on and knowing the way Dallas Schoo does stuff and all that. It's the only line I personally draw on being totally obsessed with this band. I'm not saying I look down my nose at those who do, I must stress, I love it! It really is great how into the whole thing people get. Both times I've seen U2 I just turn up to the gig and hope I don't have a pillar in the way of my view most times :lol:

Back
Top Bottom