Enough With The Snippets!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Agreed.

As for snippets in general, they're part of Bono's trademark, and I don't hold to the argument that if he took them out there'd be room for more songs, they don't take up that much time. Its fun, and I usually know the songs he's referencing. But I agree, with the exception of iconic bits like 'Shine Like Stars' in WOWY, the more occasional they are the better, and its good to have each U2 song unadulterated sometimes as well.

Obviously it can be even more fun when Bono improvises lyrics or adds his extensions like 'Hear us Coming' in One.

having heard two concerts lately, i can honestly say i don't even pay attention to the snippets. looking back at the setlists, i remember about two from each night, even though many more were done. but i do think sometimes (especially during bad) where he gets a little snippet crazy. i know everyone loves the version from live aid but it kind of grates after a while after the 10,000th snippet.

my favorite version of Bad would be:

Bad/AIWIY/The First Time/Fool To Cry/WILATW/WGRYWH/Norwegian Wood/People Got The Power/Freebird/Let It Be/Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil/Walk On The Wild Side/[the entire "You Forgot It In People" album by Broken Social Scene]/40

my favorite version of Bad would be:

Bad/AIWIY/The First Time/Fool To Cry/WILATW/WGRYWH/Norwegian Wood/People Got The Power/Freebird/Let It Be/Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil/Walk On The Wild Side/[the entire "You Forgot It In People" album by Broken Social Scene]/40

That's not a snippet, that's a night's setlist, yo.

:wink:

I dont normally mind Bono's snippets, but i was listening to the Sheffield bootleg today, and he completely MURDERS You'll Never Walk Alone. I dont like it when he does that to snippets....or his own songs for that matter!

Back
Top Bottom