Electrical Storm????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was fantastic! :love: I really hope they keep it in the setlist until October, but even if they don't, it was SO awesome to hear it live for the first time! :drool:

WOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOooooTTT!

How can anyone complain now! First U2 is too boring not trying new stuff now look at this finally it's get played live!

If they play this live at amsterdam the 20th then you can count on me for screaming my lungs out!

i'm very happy with the performance. i know a couple of areas need polishing, but that's expected when you play a song for the first time, lol!

this is one of my favorite songs of this decade, and it's about time they pulled it out. it should have been a Vertigo Tour staple.

Word.

YES! They finally played it. My friend sent me a youtube link out of the blue today. Bono needs to work on his vocals (was off tone) but the music was great.

Bono needs to help out the Edge more on guitar (and yes he can do it- he was pretty good on LNOE) but otherwise I thought it was very good.

Geez, complaints everywhere! WTF?! First live performance, of COURSE there will be mistakes. It was still gorgeous. And when I hear it in Vegas, I will fucking pass out! It will be a Beautiful Day (night), indeed. The song fucking rocked; U2 rocks; I can't fucking wait to see them!!!!!!! :hyper: :applaud: :heart: :loveshower:

Geez, complaints everywhere! WTF?! First live performance, of COURSE there will be mistakes. It was still gorgeous. And when I hear it in Vegas, I will fucking pass out! It will be a Beautiful Day (night), indeed. The song fucking rocked; U2 rocks; I can't fucking wait to see them!!!!!!! :hyper: :applaud: :heart: :loveshower:

That's the spirit! :up: :up: :up:

I'm really glad they played it, but I don't think it was a good performance. Too slow, the chorus doesn't really work live very well, and Edge just sounded kind of, well, off, for most of the song. It does bode well for the rest of the tour that they're already throwing relative surprises into the setlist, though.

I thought Edge did a really good job with the song, with the exception of the prechorus, which was the guitar part for the radio one demo, which doesn't really fit. I bet though that they'll figure that out though :up:

Beautiful song, great vocal performance by Bono, I hope it becomes a regular :up:

Yes, they need to work on the guitar part. Overall, I enjoyed listening to it. I think it fits the more "atmospheric" theme of the tour/show very well.

It's so great they FINALLY pulled that song out, I wasn't sure they would.

This was on my pre-tour wishlist as a "yeah right" suggestion, since it's never been done live, and seemed unlikely to be ever done live.

awesome.gif

If they don't play it in Glasgow I'm going to break Bonos legs.

I've listened to it a couple of times, and agree with you guys. The guitar parts could use some reworking, but yeah it's only the first performance so I'd love to see them play it more to perfect it!

Hah...i came on (having just seen the vid of ES @barca) to question WTF edge was doing during the chorus. Good to see am not alone in my thoughts. he really wants to change that one string slide for chords during the chorus coz it sounds shambolic otherwise (IMO)

Hah...i came on (having just seen the vid of ES @barca) to question WTF edge was doing during the chorus. Good to see am not alone in my thoughts. he really wants to change that one string slide for chords during the chorus coz it sounds shambolic otherwise (IMO)

If Bono could play the chords, Edge could play the riff at the same time...... if Bono could could play guitar.

So... second night ES sounded better - but I still don´t like what Edge is playing during the pre-chorus. Which is a shame cuz for me it´s the best part of the whole song.

So... second night ES sounded better - but I still don´t like what Edge is playing during the pre-chorus. Which is a shame cuz for me it´s the best part of the whole song.

Yeah I agree much better 2nd time around!!!
Pity about that damn pre-chorus riff tho! It just doesent seem to fit!
The outro sounds great! But is it just me or does it seem to be cut v short?

Anyway here is the video with good sound and picture..........

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-08 Electrical Storm

Sorry but the pre-chorus fits perfectly and they shouldn't change it at all.
The Radio 1 version was always superior to what they released.

Beautiful performance, Bono's voice is incredible. In Milan, the guitar during the second chorus still sounded a bit strange, but I thought maybe it's meant to sound that way. People were really into it and I thought it was a great performance. Glad to see them pulling out rarities like this song :up:

Yeah I agree much better 2nd time around!!!
Pity about that damn pre-chorus riff tho! It just doesent seem to fit!
The outro sounds great! But is it just me or does it seem to be cut v short?

Anyway here is the video with good sound and picture..........

YouTube - U2 Milan 2009-07-08 Electrical Storm
I don't like the guitar work during the chorus and there's something in the melody of all instruments during the third "electrical stoooooorm" that seems out of tune, I cannot explain.

I agree with what a lot of people have said...Edge's riff in the prechorus could definitely be improved.

I'm also not liking the synth junk that comes in during the "electrical storm" part...it sounds a little over the top and cheesy. Maybe it'd be okay if it were buried in the mix a bit more, but it's just way too out front the way it is.

I hope U2 keep playing it though! With a little tweaking, it could be amazing!

Why can't Edge teach Bono the chords? Surely Bono must feel a bit of a prat standing there with the guitar for large parts of the song?

Back
Top Bottom