EBTTRT: Is it a remix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry Mullen Jr

Babyface
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that the EBTTRT 360 Tour Version is a remix of the song...is it a new one or we can find it on the internet?

This version rocks!

It's definitely a different version. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a studio version just yet.

It'd be an awesome inclusion for the AB remaster, though.

I wouldn't exactly say *remix*, more like a "new arrangement of the song". If you listen closely, all the parts of the song are there in the 360 version, just shuffled around a bit.

Still, it's a rocking version of the song, and I hope they play it this way in the future.

It resembles the Perfecto Mix a bit in that the slide solo is at the beginning. None of the background vocals, synth, exc. though

I would call it a new arrangement of the song (although the intro is like the Perfecto Mix as someone else pointed out). We will have a live studio version on DVD hopefully by the end of the year.

It's sort of an inbetween they haven't really done before. It's more restructured than RTSS, though that's a decent comparison. Having the parts switched around like that is basically unprecedented. However, they didn't really bring anything technically new to it. The only real changes are the order and the fact that Edge plays some chords and an octave pedal in lieu of a riff at points.

We will have a live studio version on DVD hopefully by the end of the year.

That's what i'm thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if the new EBTTRT live mix was used on the AB remaster instead of an unreleased track, like Wave of Sorrow on the JT re-release.
... Not that i'm complaining - i'd love to get an official recording of the new EBTTRT, it's incredible :up:

That's what i'm thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if the new EBTTRT live mix was used on the AB remaster instead of an unreleased track, like Wave of Sorrow on the JT re-release.
... Not that i'm complaining - i'd love to get an official recording of the new EBTTRT, it's incredible :up:

I think the new version will be on the DVD that comes with the set. They filmed a bunch of stuff when they were in Canada on this tour while they played Achtung in the studio. That is what I meant, there will be a studio version of the new mix they are doing. It will be live in the studio on the DVD. The original CD will contain the album version of the song most likely.

A new arrangement based on a remix, I thought. The closest comparison would be Crazy tonight.

IMO.

i'd say it's a new arrangement definitely. so when I downloaded a recording of the brazilian radio broadcast and the recorderhad gone and titled it "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)" it genuinely pissed me off for some reason...haha dunno why, it's just a new arrangement, not that actual remix being played over the PA is it? And whoever it was labelled the cover of The Model 'Das Model'....unless that person's German that just came off as a bit know-it-all :lol:

the original song was called "das model" - though if u2 did the english version it'd be the model. i've never listened to the performance so i don't know, but i'd assume they did the english language one. so yeah, either they think only the song title was translated or they want to be some pretentious show-off.

haha yeah my thoughts exactly, i own both language versions of the original cause i'm sad like that, but when you start calling it by its german name when it's the english version it just looks like showing off :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom