Dublin 3, July 27th Setlist Party/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But as i'd never been to a setlist party before there was no appeal to lose! So i have loved it!!!!! Thanks guys! I'll be back again definitely! (If that's OK!?!)

Oh yea...didn't think about that before :reject:

Yea it's ok! But I'm not sure if I'm going to be back (yes I know some of you guys are sick of me saying this....but I do have other commitments and I do live with my father!)

Any buzzing as far as filimg for the dvd release? I think it was only a month in when Chicago 05 was filmed...though not exactly an exciting show from the appearence of the crowd, compared to the psyched up european crowds.

I saw Wilco play past curfew at the Charlottesville Pavilion in Virginia back in 2007. They knew they were coming up against the clock, but the set was blazing and the crowd was going berserk and they did a third encore, a 15-minute version of 'Spiders (Kidsmoke)' that officially put them over the mark. I have no idea what the fine would have been, but they were having fun and didn't seem to care. (The show ultimately clocked in at almost three hours.) You'd figure U2 could afford it with all the money those shows must have raked in, but maybe Dublin is crazy about curfew fines.

Wilco is my other favorite band. I've seen them as much as U2: 18 or so times.:wave:

I also saw Pearl Jam break curfew at the Tweeter Center in MA. It was their 3rd night of "We're Going To Play Every Song We Rehearsed On This Tour". They went until 11:30. We actually missed 3 songs : Last Exit, Glorified G and something else?

Wilco is my other favorite band. I've seen them as much as U2: 18 or so times.:wave:

I also saw Pearl Jam break curfew at the Tweeter Center in MA. It was their 3rd night of "We're Going To Play Every Song We Rehearsed On This Tour". They went until 11:30. We actually missed 3 songs : Last Exit, Glorified G and something else?

Red Mosquito. Which is a damn shame since that is a damn good song. And bowls of jealousy because you were there.

Red Mosquito. Which is a damn shame since that is a damn good song. And bowls of jealousy because you were there.

That's right! :doh:

They did all 3 songs when they came back in 2004...but at the Boston Garden.
The big word on the street was that they weren't allowed back at Tweeter Center which wasn't true since they played there last summer 2 nights.

Bono and the boys stopped playing but they stuck around the stage to have drinks with the fans in 360.

They showed Dublin how to go around a curfew!!

(warning: This message may be drenched in sarcasm. Please be advised)

I'm going, my download program is going on, hauling in some ZooTV bootlegs tonight (finally gonna hear the gig without Adam)

It was great fun again tonight!! :D And I hope to see all of you again 'at' Gothenburg!!
:wave::wave::wave:

I decided to bring back an 'old' tradition for myself: Listening to "40" as the last song before sleep.

They have left the stage but are allegedly currently doing an impromptu version of 'Lady with the Spinning Head' at an undisclosed location, with Archbishop Desmond Tutu on backing vocals. Wearing a tutu.

I just got back at had the best time. I was 2nd row in the pit in front of Bono!

Back
Top Bottom