chicago soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this is the wrong thread to post this, but the band will have an interview (with Tim Virgin) on Q101 and WXRT Radio @ 4 PM Central Time (5 PM Eastern / 2 PM Pacific / 10 PM UK Time)....Today!!!

I know this is the wrong thread to post this, but the band will have an interview (with Tim Virgin) on Q101 and WXRT Radio @ 4 PM Central Time (5 PM Eastern / 2 PM Pacific / 10 PM UK Time).

sweet. maybe they'll confirm if YBR will be played. they did talk about it on another radio show in Europe.

i know. i couldn't take it. i don't know how i ever quit smoking, lol!

Mikal all of this excitment, could make you start up smoking again,lol, too nerve'wracking wondering what they will play each night,lol

I don't think they would have gone through the trouble to involve the astronauts in something like this only to use it on selective nights, like with the Lou Reed duet on Satellite of Love. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in every show for this leg of the tour.

And while the song is mellow, it isn't any less inviting than Miss Serveajevo, which is a bit of a slog until the opera part. This has a better chorus (assuming Boner can hit the notes).

it depends where the ISS is in orbit when they're doing the show- it's a live link up so they have to rely ISS being in the right place each night- to my knowledge they didn't do the link at many shows in Europe

it depends where the ISS is in orbit when they're doing the show- it's a live link up so they have to rely ISS being in the right place each night- to my knowledge they didn't do the link at many shows in Europe

I doubt they link directly to the ISS. The ISS is out of line-of-sight in only about three-four minutes. Stadium walls restrict line of sight even further, so the window of a direct transmission to the ISS is even lower.....and even much lower and lower if the ISS is not high enough over the horizon.

So, I think ISS direct transmission is out of the question....Now geosynchronous relay satellites? That's more like it.

Listening to the YBR rehearsal, I'm about to fucking explode with excitement.

YBR > Drowning Man, as much as I do love Drowning Man.

What's the bit Bono sings in full voice? That sounded incredible!

It's not normal YBR, is it? I must have listened to that song a thousand times...
:drool:

I doubt they link directly to the ISS. The ISS is out of line-of-sight in only about three-four minutes. Stadium walls restrict line of sight even further, so the window of a direct transmission to the ISS is even lower.....and even much lower and lower if the ISS is not high enough over the horizon.

So, I think ISS direct transmission is out of the question....Now geosynchronous relay satellites? That's more like it.

I was under the impression they just put together some kind video that would just be played over the screen. If the astronauts are actually going to be reciting lyrics, they probably wouldn't do it live anyway, to prevent any fuckups.

It's a pretty cool thing to show, regardless of whether or not it's pre-recorded. They're doing it FROM SPACE!!

I was under the impression they just put together some kind video that would just be played over the screen. If the astronauts are actually going to be reciting lyrics, they probably wouldn't do it live anyway, to prevent any fuckups.

It's a pretty cool thing to show, regardless of whether or not it's pre-recorded. They're doing it FROM SPACE!!

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom