chicago soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just spoke with a friend of mine, just got let in about 15 mins ago... the band was rehearsing one last time apparently...

And my friend in right infront of Edge, by the rail... I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. :sad::drool::applaud::angry::heart:

3913127007_34021519f4_o.jpg

How did they get up on the rail if so many people were in line from Thursday. I'm just curious to see what happened with the people with wristbands

How did they get up on the rail if so many people were in line from Thursday. I'm just curious to see what happened with the people with wristbands

Well he said the wristband system kind of got F'd up, and it was a first come first serve basis... he was #68 on Thursday, and then this morning he waited in line, and there were already about 120 people in line

A lot of folks don't bother with the inner rail. Arguably the back of the pit next to the far rail, and outside the pit at the front rail are far better positions to see the show. The inner stage is about 8ft and the screen comes down pretty much over it, you honestly can't see much, and the the pit itself is a terrible design, as the exits are to the side and everyone crams in the front between the main stage and the outer stage.

Lila, I am staying at that hotel tomorrow night. We are hoping to see the band when they leave to go to the show. I want to wonder around the area, but I definitely want to be back at the hotel before they leave. I would really appreciate it if you can give me an idea when they leave for the show? Hopefully I can be in the lobby when they come out and get a picture or a handshake then and not have to fight the crowd outside. Nice pix by the way.

I'm in California, russ, so I have no clue. You'd have to follow some people on Twitter is my guess.

A lot of folks don't bother with the inner rail. Arguably the back of the pit next to the far rail, and outside the pit at the front rail are far better positions to see the show. The inner stage is about 8ft and the screen comes down pretty much over it, you honestly can't see much, and the the pit itself is a terrible design, as the exits are to the side and everyone crams in the front between the main stage and the outer stage.

In Dublin only a few people got out of the line when they formed the seperate line for the pitch

As long as they're going to play that neutered, bullshit acoustic version of the latter, then no. I agree.

Really? That is the only version of it I like! I think that it how it should have been- and I usually hate acoustic songs- but Stay works for me exclusively as an acoustic song- maybe it's just because I've never heard them do a good electric version live- but I always listen to the Boston 2001 version over the one of Zooropa!

But in In a Little While would be terrible as an acoustic song- the bluesy chords on an electric guitar really is what makes the song for me.

pitch = the field...in europe they call it the football pitch. here itd be called the soccer field.

So...what the hell happened to Your Blue Room?

Haven't they had enough time to get it sorted out?

I feel bad for the people that were eagerly waiting for it tonight and didn't hear it.

I feel bad for the people that were eagerly waiting for it tonight and didn't hear it.

Oh, I wouldn't feel too "bad" for them at all. The fact that Bad was played tonight would more than make up for it. Here is to hoping that Bad finds a more permanent home on this leg. It took 10 shows in Europe for this to finally come out. Nice to see it didn't have to wait here.

mrpoptop said:
soundchecking Pride
now One, no vocals
Bono speaks... One Two....Are coming...
both songs were incomplete...until the end of the world

Back
Top Bottom