Brandenburg Gate setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why would they play One at this sort of event?

I don't know. In a show to commemorate a divided nation and a divided city becoming a unified whole,I don't get how or why they could possibly play a song called One who's main refrain is "we're one but we're not the same, we get to carry each other").

Streets wont be played, i mean when has it ever been played at these kind of events of the years.

It's rare, but it's not unheard-of. They did it for the Super Bowl half-time show in 2002 and for U2 3D's premiere in Cannes in 2007.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't surprised to see Ultraviolet. Bono is in love with that mic and jacket.

But where would the mic hang from?
I'm just hoping and praying for Stay. Never heard it live, and it's one of my favourite U2 songs. Other than that, anything would be good.

There will def. be something from AB. I'd be shocked if they didn't... and my guess would be either Stay or One.
However, I still vote for Zoo Station :hyper:

100% sure they'll play One. Stay is very likely. From the new album I'm betting on Magnificent and Boots, perhaps Crazy as it's the new single.

Realistic 4-5 set:

1. Crazy Tonight (album version)
2. Beautiful Day
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. One

Unrealistic longer set:

1. Zoo Station
2. Magnificent
3. Beautiful Day
4. Stay
5. Ultraviolet
6. UTEOTW
7. One
8. Moment of Surrender

I almost want to predict something standard like Vertigo, BD, Magnificent, Breathe and One, but I keep thinking about how shocked I was they went out of the box on SNL.

I would say:
1.)Magnificent
2.)Even Better Than The Real Thing
3.)One
4.)Breathe
5.)Ultraviolet
6.)Stay
7.)Vertigo

I would love to hear ISHFWILF mostly because of the "these city walls..." line. Or it's just me loving hearing it live.

But I imagine:

1. Breathe
2. GOYB
3. Beautiful Day
4. One
5. Walk On

I don't know. In a show to commemorate a divided nation and a divided city becoming a unified whole,I don't get how or why they could possibly play a song called One who's main refrain is "we're one but we're not the same, we get to carry each other").

Oh, because it describes the city perfectly, and because the great majority of people doesn't even care about, lest understands, the song's lyrics.

Eventim also mentioned it's gonna be a 20 minute gig. I just hope they will say "Screw it!" and do a full two hours gig. :drool: What even work out. Start 6.30, play two hours until 8.30 and then go to the O2 arena to be there at the show at 9.

Okay, back to reality...
Stay and One are a given. Beautiful Day and/or Vertigo are likely, maybe Streets and Magnificient or Unknown Caller. Whatever is meant to be the next single. Oh no, just see, they put Bad as track two, Bono will lose himself and it will be a 25 minute version.
Don't know if they want to push the Unforgettable Fire Remaster. If so, they might play Disappearing Act.

As I said in another thread, they should play Heroes with David Bowie.

That would be a great treat. Even though hardly anyone would get the reference, but the songs is cool.

The UV mic doesn't immediately look like a mic. So the security personnel of the US embassy might see it as some new, unknown, very dangerous terroristic tool and blow it up, just in case.
Or, Bono asks them kindly to take a helicopter, attach the mic, hoover above the stage and there you have it. No one would hear anything but the helicopter, but it looks cool. :D

01 - Magnificent
02 - B.Day
03 - Crazy Tonight
04 - Vertigo
05 - One

or

Bono will talk for 15min about the wall coming down 20 years ago and they just play One:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom