Boy Falls From The Sky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the best of the new songs (in my opinion). I love the ending and its great to hear such a powerful delivery from Bono! Too bad we may never hear a studio recorded rendition of U2 playing this.

The "single scrap of dignity in the junkyard of humanity" is an amazing lyric.

officially my favorite of the new songs!!
Bono's voice is just fantastic!

And the Edge's guitar work....might be some of his best... :drool:

officially my favorite of the new songs!!
Bono's voice is just fantastic!

And the Edge's guitar work....might be some of his best... :drool:

Yeah, this may well be my favourite of the new songs too. Love what Edge is playing.

THAT'S how this song needs to be played, with Edge's guitar and Bono singing. Now what an amazing surprise! I wouldn't have thought they'd pull this one out for the end of the European tour :)

this song is in that spot,where hold me thrill me is...
they finnaly showed the boys how man do it...:D

What an amazing song!!! Bloody great! Goes off... Love the ending - up there with some of their best live tunes - keep playing it so we hear it in oz!!!:drool::drool:

just took a drive test with my friend in town, he asked: What is this ?? sounds like U2, amazing song :drool::lol::D :applaud:

i just can't shake Goldfinger when i hear the opening guitar notes! sorry!

but i like the song though...

Way way better than Glastonbury. Please release this song under the name U2!

OK, easily the best of the new songs. Maybe it's just the recording but in some of the verses the fourth chord in the progression sounded a bit..I dunno..off, like not following a natural progession. Having said that I thought that about a couple of songs on NLOTH and eventually got used to them. Great song tho!! I think this could really take off live if they polish it up a bit! :up:

Oh, this is awesome!!! Much better when performed by the right guys :)
wish they'd played it a few nights earlier in Seville ;) but of course I'm most happy that crowd in Coimbra got to hear it and now we too!!!

so doe sthis mean the wholw spiderman-thing ebcomes a U2 in stead of edge/bono project?
We're not sure yet. The fact that they're playing BFFTS would imply that they're at least toying with the idea, though.

I read long ago that U2, not just Bono and the Edge, might release an album with the Spiderman songs.

So maybe the Broadway musical project is still Bono/Edge, but we may get a U2 Spiderman album.

At that time, it didn't sound interesting to me, but this sounds amazing. I'm not crazy about the song's melody, ever since the beach clips, but that's a personal thing. I love it now with the new intense ending. Awesome :drool:

I've been listening to this song all day, and one thing really struck me.

Play BFFTS. Then play UTEOTW.
Compare the drums.
Compare the bridge(where Bono does the ooohooooh's in BFFTS and the "In my dreams I was drowning in sorrows" in UTEOTW).

Drums are nearly identical, the Bridge has a similar vibe and the way the lyrics are sung it's similar too. Prettty eerie!

Probably why I like this song so much already, since UTEOWT is one of my fave live songs ever.

spider-pig-u2.jpg

Oh, and for those who don't know, Alf Clausen is the head composer for The Simpsons...making this even more awesome.

Anyone want to take a stab at the lyrics? Especially the ending. I can't tell if Bono is singing Bonogolese at the end or actual lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom