Boy Falls From The Sky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was outside of the stadium in the queue and I started to listen to the first notes of the verse... and I was like «WTF? They're rehearsing this? Please play this tonight!»

So they DID rehearse it at the stadium? We had no rumours about that, had we? Thought they had rehearsed the song somewhere else to keep it a secret. :ohmy:

So they DID rehearse it at the stadium? We had no rumours about that, had we? Thought they had rehearsed the song somewhere else to keep it a secret. :ohmy:
Could have sworn I read about them soundchecking it in some setlist thread or another...

IN another setlist thread there were people saying that Edge was onstage playing some chords and riffs that were oddly reminiscent of BFFTS, but no one confirmed if it was that or not.

Yes, they did rehearse it at the stadium. I was near the stadium at 4 p.m and I heard The Edge rehearsing I Will Follow, the intro of Bad and Boy Falls From Sky.

Yes, they did rehearse it at the stadium. I was near the stadium at 4 p.m and I heard The Edge rehearsing I Will Follow, the intro of Bad and Boy Falls From Sky.

When I heard this and Bad being soundchecked excitement levels went through the roof. :lol:

This is easily the best of the new songs for me, and thats saying something as I really rate Mercy, Every Breaking Wave, Stingray and North Star highly.

It's incredible, the song is so, so, so, so great, and the lyrics are incredible.
Instant classic.

I was there, by the way. When Bono said "this is Boy Falls From the Sky" I exploded. I also heard the riff outside the stadium, but I've also heard the drums from Gloria in Gothenburg, and backing tracks from NLOTHII in Horsens, so I figured not to get excited, and that it was probably just Dallas goofing around or something. NO SIR :D
A little sad that they supposedly should have played Bad, but between this and Bad, I know what I'd prefer. I love this band so much.

It's incredible, the song is so, so, so, so great, and the lyrics are incredible.
Instant classic.

I was there, by the way. When Bono said "this is Boy Falls From the Sky" I exploded. I also heard the riff outside the stadium, but I've also heard the drums from Gloria in Gothenburg, and backing tracks from NLOTHII in Horsens, so I figured not to get excited, and that it was probably just Dallas goofing around or something. NO SIR :D
A little sad that they supposedly should have played Bad, but between this and Bad, I know what I'd prefer. I love this band so much.
You are a lucky man, God Part III.
(Here's hoping they keep BFFTS in the setlist for the US leg...)

I'm sure they'll play BFFTS on the US leg a few times.

But my guess is that they've got a bunch of surprises up their sleeves for the Oceania Leg and the US leg. Possibly a couple new songs and maybe a few rarities or live debuts!

I'm sure they'll play BFFTS on the US leg a few times.

But my guess is that they've got a bunch of surprises up their sleeves for the Oceania Leg and the US leg. Possibly a couple new songs and maybe a few rarities or live debuts!
I wouldn't be too surprised if they've got something planned for Oceania beyond the mandatory OTH. Fingers crossed for some new songs and/or Pop representation!

you are right... and did you already compare BFFTS with HMTMKMKM? There is even more similarity!

I've been listening to this song all day, and one thing really struck me.

Play BFFTS. Then play UTEOTW.
Compare the drums.
Compare the bridge(where Bono does the ooohooooh's in BFFTS and the "In my dreams I was drowning in sorrows" in UTEOTW).

Drums are nearly identical, the Bridge has a similar vibe and the way the lyrics are sung it's similar too. Prettty eerie!

Probably why I like this song so much already, since UTEOWT is one of my fave live songs ever.

you are right... and did you already compare BFFTS with HMTMKMKM? There is even more similarity!

Yeah, I get a big Batman vibe off it. Which is funny, because even the radio dj who put it on the radio today(just a clip, Michiel @ 3FM) said the same thing. I did not expect him to even KNOW HMTMKMKM! :lol:

Either way, I love both Batman and UTEOTW a LOT, and BFFTS is really pretty damn awesome. I don't usually fall in love with songs this easily, but woah, this one got me like NLOTH2 got me last year.

Thanks Wilson8^^^

Song is really growing on me and I really think this was a U2 song at first in which they contributed it too the Spiderman musical. Larry has some good work on it.

Either way, I love both Batman and UTEOTW a LOT, and BFFTS is really pretty damn awesome. I don't usually fall in love with songs this easily, but woah, this one got me like NLOTH2 got me last year.
Just don't listen to it a 1000 times in a row. :no:

Man I am aching, I mean A C H I N G, to hear this played live to a crowd again.

Edge man, what a f***ing guitar hero.

When d'ya think they'll play it again? (I'd also foam at the mouth if Every Breaking Wave reappeared).

The recent rehearsal (below) tided me over - you can see they are still perfecting it, but this has the potential to be U2's biggest hit of the last 20 years.

I love the way Larry comes in at 0:20 and of course Edge at 1:20 and 2:45. The Adam and the Bono also awesome, though in experimental mode here of course.

YouTube - U2 - Boy Falls From The Sky (Rehearsal Auckland)

it is massive. my personal favourite of the new songs to turn up, and i like them all. standing in that spot outside the stadium while they were running through it was cool enough...in a real show, it'll be unstoppable.

I think that this one will be played before they leave Oz! :yes: Especially with Spiderman being out now I see some real possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom