Bono/Edge American Idol Performance Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AI is a lowest common denominator promotional approach. 5 nights on Letterman was a very outdated approach. Big as they were in the 90s, the band didn't gun for this type of promo until the dismally rated A Year In Pop (which itself was still kinda snarky).
Sorry you're still not making a connection. AI and Letterman have nothing in common.

Who else have you ever seen do a 5 night stand on a late show? I can't remember anyone... So how is that "outdated"? They played great tunes, they poked fun of themselves and did it in a way I've never seen any other band do it...

As far as your take on the 90's it's revisionist. U2 didn't need to do TV shows because they had MTV in their back pocket. MTV had them in heavy rotation and sponsored their concerts... let's not forget this.

As for promoting a musical, since Bono & Edge aren't performing on Broadway, this performance & digital single featuring them do have a whiff of desperation.

We can agree to disagree, but don't say you can't see a common thread here. Ultimately, they're not willing to just let the music do the talking. Or in this case, the reviews... which have actually been quite positive!
Are you blind to Broadway doing promotions?

You're clouding, rewriting history, and making connections that don't exist...

See, I don't watch/like AI, or anything it stands for; I just watched rise above and enjoyed it. If they could exploit the format to kick some life back into their investment then the joke is on AI.

People need to stop digging through 15 layers of hidden meanings. This is the world we live in. They have always been savvy and innovative promoters. I don't see anything wrong with it; and I still hate AI.

If you liked the song, enjoy it. If you didn't, fair enough try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom