Auckland Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo360

War Child
From U2gigs:

Today, rehearsals have taken place at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland. We believe that these were by the crew rather than U2 themselves, though it is possible that some of the band were involved. No vocals have been heard, so it is unlikely that Bono participated.

We would like to extend sincere thanks to contributor Simon for his detailed reports of proceedings. Two bass riffs were heard around 4:30pm local time; they were:

Crazy Tonight (remix)
Get On Your Boots

At 6:30pm, Simon then reported the following tracks:

Recording over PA of Neil Armstrong's "one small step for man" moon landing quote
City Of Blinding Lights, keys
City Of Blinding Lights, bass riff
Unrecognisable drum rehearsals
One Tree Hill, in Simon's words "hint only"
City Of Blinding Lights instrumental, twice
Vertigo intro

And in his most recent report, at 7:10pm, Simon reported the following songs, still with no vocals:

Moment Of Surrender
Unknown jam
Quick One Tree Hill riff
One Tree Hill

Edge doesnt seem to optimistic on new album

Just checked out a very new TMZ video where The Edge doesnt sound too optimistic about a new album "soon" or the fact that bono said theres a single in December?!? Doesnt give me too much hope, check out the video on tmz.com

If TMZ shoved microphones in my face, I wouldn't want to give those jerks any information, either.

I know how much the song is connected to NZ, but dear U2: the rest of your fans love OTH as well :sad:.

It's really that late in Auckland? It's 10:19pm here... 10:19pm of the previous day. It'll be impossible for me to attend these setlist parties.

My apologies, it's only 522

Welcome to my world!

US and Europe weren't friendly for us!

Ausd will be worse for you. East coast is 2 hours behind NZ atm. Perth is another 3 hours behind that.

Thats not so bad.

Most of us here in America can wake up in the morning and see the set lists!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I get anxious as hell at work all day when I can't see what they've played until I get home.

Scarlet or Rejoice? Simon says Rejoice.

Edit: I'm too slow, thanks for clarifying! That's fucking AWESOME.

:hyper: rehearsals :up:

thanks for the updates!

(and damn real life for getting in the way of the important stuff . . . not that it's relevant but am standing on an oval in the midst of 200 odd 8 - 11 year old kidlets as they discover the joys of oztags . . . and am holding fancy phone aloft in order to pick up a signal and follow the thread :nerd: . . . would much much much rather be where you all are right now :D )

enjoy :wave:

Back
Top Bottom