Appreciation: 'Ultraviolet (Light My Way)' live, 360 Tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone else agree when "UV" was played during the 360 show the band was really focused on themselves? I found this a good thing and made "UV" a major highlight in U2 touring history.

If this, along with The Unforgettable Fire, wasn't included in the setlist this year, I would be prone to call U2 360 Tour a failure. Luckily, thanks to these gems and to some other surprises and solid performances, it isn't.

^His vocal on MOS is the highlight of his passion for me on this tour.

So great to see UV reborn, whenever AB stuff is revisited its a highlight for me, Zoo Station/The Fly/UTEOTW on Vertigo :up:.

i'll be very disappointed if its performance isn't captured on a dvd for this tour.

wouldn't mind them keeping it along for next year's legs, even.

Fantastic song, was one of my favourites at gigs but usually I was like the only one who knew the song... weird singing alone among 60 000 people.

Easily the highlight of both nights!

My cousin had seen them once on Elevation and was very young at the time. She had no real U2 knowledge outside the hits coming into 360, and thought Ultraviolet was the best performance of the night.

UV is a masterpiece, it has endured all these years for me as U2's best composition ever. I dont think the current performance does it justice however, sorry. But glad to see it revived.

the lights, and the visual of him signing it with that mic lit up, looks like the long lost music video for the song. lol. its great. that was a highlight for me.

UV is a masterpiece, it has endured all these years for me as U2's best composition ever. I dont think the current performance does it justice however, sorry. But glad to see it revived.

whattttttttttttttttttt.....you crazy!!!

Highlight of the show, with Crazy. Great visuals with the laser jacket and the lit up swinging microphone, and great performance.

Can. Not. Wait. To. See this on the tour DVD... :drool::drool::drool:

:up:

I love Ultraviolet like a little baby. It's not their greatest song ever, but it taps into the essence of Achtung -- and also a very strong personal memory. I vividly recall coming home after school each day and cranking this on cassette in the kitchen when I was all by myself. It just echoed in my gut...such a release for teenage angst...or my angst!

I'm still in disbelief that I was a few feet back from this performance:
YouTube - Ultraviolet | U2 | Toronto | Rogers Centre | September 17

Fucking amazing.

It was really, really great to hear this song in Boston. For me, it was a very similar experience to hearing Zoo Station and WGRYWH on the Vertigo tour, because they're all songs that I thought the band would never play again after Zoo TV. So I'm really thankful that they busted it out this year, it was an absolute highlight along with the Crazy Tonight remix.

Easily the highlight for me this tour (together with TUF). The crowd reaction is also very good for a song that was never a single and hasn't been played since 1993. I just hope they keep this in the setlist during 2010.

Back
Top Bottom