Anyone else disappointed that no Xmas songs were played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They usually play something around Xmas time.

No they don't.

Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) on 20 December 1987 and White Christmas on 16 December 1989 are the only examples of U2 performing a Christmas song at a full tour gig.

Otherwise, Bono just throws around snippets, like he did in Perth.

Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) would have been fun, but hardly expected. I think the set yesterday was a good set to end the leg on, with kind of a Christmas-y mood anyway.

I'd love to be at a December show where they busted out with Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).

If they're going to do some sort of Christmas thing, I'd prefer they do that rather than snippetry of carols or something.

I'd be disappointed if there was no snippetry of Christmas songs. It's fun, no reason for people to get bitchy about fun.

I'm surprised at how controversial snippetry has become around these parts lately.

This is just stupid though. To be pissed off at them for snippeting *DECENT* Christmas songs IN DECEMBER?!? OH the horror.

I think they did the right thing acknowledging the season with the snippets, though it would be fun to see them play Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) or Father Christmas... put probably moreso if it was at some other sort of appearance, because I agree the audience is gonna want to see U2 songs performed.

This is just stupid though. To be pissed off at them for snippeting *DECENT* Christmas songs IN DECEMBER?!? OH the horror.
No one talks about being pissed off at them for snippeting Christmas songs. Some of us rather hear U2 without Christmas snippets. What's the big deal?

That it's 30 seconds of a song only for a couple of shows before Christmas. How you could feel cheated or upset by that is beyond me.

That it's 30 seconds of a song only for a couple of shows before Christmas. How you could feel cheated or upset by that is beyond me.
Again, I don't feel cheated or upset by it, I rather hear a U2 song without Christmas snippets. Just like I prefer a certain U2 song to another.

Hey guys, I never said I minded snippets!! All I'm saying is I'm glad they didn't do FULL christmas songs. Snippets I don't mind, it's a nice touch, but a full song? No thanks, I'd rather hear plenty of others..

Jeez, a lot of debate by a lot of people who weren't at the last show. I was there, yes I am gloating, and I enjoyed it all, Christmas snippets and all.... :D

You know who else hates these snippets?

This guy:
grinch.jpeg

Hey guys, I never said I minded snippets!! All I'm saying is I'm glad they didn't do FULL christmas songs. Snippets I don't mind, it's a nice touch, but a full song? No thanks, I'd rather hear plenty of others..

I rather hear U2 play a Christmas song in full in concert than no song. But if that's not possible then the snippets are a nice touch (Bono did a bit of Do They Know It's Christmas in Sydney 1, which was also nice).

because I agree the audience is gonna want to see U2 songs performed.

I think the majority of the audience want to see U2 perform. Slight difference. :) I also think the audience doesn't mind if the set contains 1 (Christmas) cover and 23 originals.
I mean, I didn't feel cheated when I heard them do Knockin' On Heaven's Door in Moscow, even though it wasn't a U2 song. It was great seeing U2 do some cover.

I am so disappointed. Never going to a U2 show again!
+1

he didn't say he was cheated, upset or pissed off at all. he just casually mentioned that he'd rather hear a U2 song than a christmas song, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom