Any Pop Songs on 360? Place your bets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo360

War Child
Anyone think we will ever get a song from Pop played on this tour? The Discotheque snippet was nice but I want more. :drool:

If we get any at all I'm guessing it'll be either Discotheque, Gone, or Staring at the Sun.

If we do get a Pop song (and I really hope we do), it had better be a full-on, incendiary song rather than some wimpy acoustic version of SATS or IGWSHA.

Gone really should be played when Bono is wearing the laser jacket, come on! Suit of lights Bono?? That didn't occur to you?

Gone really should be played when Bono is wearing the laser jacket, come on! Suit of lights Bono?? That didn't occur to you?
:up:
C'mon, Bono, at least snippet that verse! Especially when you're playing HMTMKMKM. Then, you have no excuse not to.

Also, if they want to play a song from Pop, I think Discotheque > Crazy Tonight would be a :drool:-worthy segue. Just sayin'.

I think the Discotheque snippet in Crazy Tonight is a foreshadowing of things to come.

Bono always said that the Crazy Tonight remix is in that position in the set to "disorient" the audience before the show moves into its more "political" side. I think if they did Vertigo > Discotheque > Crazy Tonight, that would be the perfect "disorientation" that they are trying to achieve!!

Seriously, they need to play that song, in full, on this tour!

If not, I think they could make Gone work somewhat earlier in the set, maybe after I Will Follow and before Get On Your Boots?

And what about Mofo??? How about this: City of Blinding Lights > Mofo > Vertigo> Discotheque > Crazy Tonight

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW I WANT POP ON THIS TOUR

I get the feeling if they had any intention of playing something from Pop we would have heard it by now. Even the Discotheque snippet during Crazy has disappeared which makes me feel it was just thrown in so they could say that they had acknowledged the album in some way.

Topic: No

Pop and October (minus Gloria) are going to be locked away for many shows to come, unless I see something more noteworthy than a random rehearsal of IGWSHA.

I get the feeling if they had any intention of playing something from Pop we would have heard it by now. Even the Discotheque snippet during Crazy has disappeared which makes me feel it was just thrown in so they could say that they had acknowledged the album in some way.

Edge is apparently still playing the Discotheque riff even though Bono hasn't snippeted it for a few shows. It's only been 1.5 weeks since
Mercy
was played for the first time ever. I don't think anyone can rule out anything just yet. If Vertigo can get two performances of a Pop song then surely 360 can get three or more :shifty: I'm hoping they haven't forgotten that HMTMKMKM wasn't on Pop and doesn't fulfill the Pop quota for the tour :lol:

If I recall correctly Gone (or at least the main riff) was rehearsed in Turin.

It'll really be a shame if they end up not playing any Pop songs on this tour. It would be the first U2 tour post-Popmart that didn't have any. :sad:

I really wish they would play Please. It is after all once of Bono's favorite U2 songs.

Edge is apparently still playing the Discotheque riff even though Bono hasn't snippeted it for a few shows. It's only been 1.5 weeks since
Mercy
was played for the first time ever. I don't think anyone can rule out anything just yet. If Vertigo can get two performances of a Pop song then surely 360 can get three or more :shifty: I'm hoping they haven't forgotten that HMTMKMKM wasn't on Pop and doesn't fulfill the Pop quota for the tour :lol:

Why is that still a spoiler? :huh:

Because it's still listed as a spoiler in its own thread? When the spoiler is removed I'll happily amend my post :)

I find it hilarious that mentioning that song is still considered a spoiler.

Safe to say that there will be no Pop songs performed in full on 360.

I say this in the hope that U2 make me come back and eat my words.

As for that Gone rehearsal report, even on the day there was the suggestion somebody had just misheard HMTMKMKM, and with the passage of time I increasingly suspect that is what happened.

As for that Gone rehearsal report, even on the day there was the suggestion somebody had just misheard HMTMKMKM, and with the passage of time I increasingly suspect that is what happened.

Because the song names sound so similar :lol:

No, that somebody actually outside the stadium heard HMTMKMKM's intro and mistook it for Gone's intro.

I have no confidence U2 will play anything from POP, which is a real shame. Songs fit the setting (Claw) but band has other intentions.......looks at IALW/MS in the set :sad:

I have no confidence U2 will play anything from POP, which is a real shame. Songs fit the setting (Claw) but band has other intentions.......looks at IALW/MS in the set :sad:
I don't know, Miss Sarajevo at least kind of works. IALW, on the other hand...:fist:

No, that somebody actually outside the stadium heard HMTMKMKM's intro and mistook it for Gone's intro.

I'm about 99% sure you are correct. Gone has not been rehearsed on this tour at this time based on the all the info I have heard. If it was heard it was clearly just a mistaken riff or a crew member (Dallas) messing around.

I don't know, Miss Sarajevo at least kind of works. IALW, on the other hand...:fist:

Not really. IALW at least has a connection to the space theme of the show, but it's just worn out. MS on the other hand, has nothing to do with anything at all in the rest of the concert. All they did was add some sort of intro to the piano part, an outro to go into COBL, and act like it fits. If it weren't for that ONE note, the song would be a dud.

I just wish when fans meet any member of U2 (Bono especailly) just ask after the "hi, nice to meet you, I'm such a big fan, thank you,".....Can you play some songs off of Pop?

I've told myself for whenever I meet any of them I will say with a smile, "FYI Pop is one of rock n rolls most underrated albums, I wish you guys will play more of it live" :up:

We still have 3 legs left on this tour so I still have a little hope. If they were willing to play Gone, Disco, and SATS on Elevation why wouldn't they on 360? :doh:

:uhoh: I didn't spam it too much around here, did I? :D
Glad you liked it.
I have a number of ideas for U2 vs U2 mashups that I'd like to try out, it's just that I'm not very good at creating complete version of those.:doh:

On topic:
Encore should be: Ultra Violet -> Gone -> (With or Without You->) North Star or something. I reckon that would be quite cool, but I've shared my setlist wishes elsewhere for those who are interested.

Back
Top Bottom