Any Pop Songs on 360? Place your bets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too late to edit, so I just had to add this on it's own.
Seriously though, get "Terry Lawless in the Underworld on the piano" to play with them for Gone - the original studio version = :drool:
It's the small details that does it :love:.

We still have 3 legs left on this tour so I still have a little hope. If they were willing to play Gone, Disco, and SATS on Elevation why wouldn't they on 360? :doh:

Because it was the tour right after Popmart. Those songs were still newer for the band at that point.

I would say the only possibility for this tour is Discotheque ( :up: ) or SATS acoustic ( :down: ). A lot depends on whether there is a new album or not. If no new album, they may want to shake it up and add some new, older songs. If there is a new album the POP songs will need to fit with the new ones they are playing in some form. I would say there is a very slim chance of some POP being done, but its probably unlikely. My favorite ZooTVism, Anything is Possible! Just not likely. :wink:

It seems strange that there's a good chance their first tour without any POP songs is one where they have this huge over the top stage. Seems like such a big missed opportunity.

Think of WHERE the majority of the forthcoming legs are: Australia and the US, the two countries where the Popmart Tour tanked the hardest. If they were going to do a full Pop song, you'd think they'd do it in Europe.

But then of course they did Your Blue Room in North America when it probably would have been more recognised in Europe, so who knows what goes on in U2's minds.

I bet Australia will get One Tree Hill and possibly some Rattle and Hum stuff for sure.

My guess is that any Pop songs would be played in Mexico and possibly some US dates. But I'm thinking if there aren't any by the end of the European leg, we most likely won't see any full POP songs live...

i am so hopeful that One Tree Hill will cross the Tasman

Aussie gigs are right after the NZ ones so I'm willing to bet OTH could stay in the set for a few gigs (e.g. like MotD being played twice after Istanbul).

This would be amazing. I've never seen a POP song performed live yet and those 2 would be among my first choices to hear.

Please I could see. Do You Feel Loved might be a bit out there, considering that it didn't sound that solid live the few times they tried it. Love the studio track though.

Please is such a great U2 song. It has a very good message behind it. I don't know why they haven't played it since Popmart.

Please is such a great U2 song. It has a very good message behind it. I don't know why they haven't played it since Popmart.

They rehearsed Please during the Vertigo tour prior to the Euro stadium leg. Its funny because they were using the Mexico City Popmart recording of it to try to re learn the original version. Sadly, it was never used at a show on Vertigo.

Think of WHERE the majority of the forthcoming legs are: Australia and the US, the two countries where the Popmart Tour tanked the hardest. If they were going to do a full Pop song, you'd think they'd do it in Europe.

But then of course they did Your Blue Room in North America when it probably would have been more recognised in Europe, so who knows what goes on in U2's minds.

I sometimes hate them for that. Okay maybe "hate" is a strong word, but you know this will happen and you can see it coming! I don't get them sometimes, the Popmart Tour did relatively well in Europe compared to the US. And no, I'm not saying "Europe deserves it more," I think if they add it play it the whole tour, EVERYONE will enjoy a POP song.

And if you're reading boys: No, Staring At The Sun acoustic is not acceptable! :wink: It's like the easiest way out of a POP song! Disco, Mofo, Please, LNOE, IGWSHA, DYFL...so many songs on that album!!!

I think we'll hear a pop song sometime on 360. It seemed that they are reading the fan forums/comments on U2.com pretty closely and if that's any indication I think Last Night on Earth and MoFo may make an appearance. Both are hard rockers and could fill various parts of the set. I'm guessing Bono is pushy with song selection as well. The band/crew don't seem to like Mercy, but Bono does so its getting played. Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are two of Bono's favorite songs. Mofo is also one of his favorites...

On an unrelated note, what about a fuzzed out Xanax and Wine sounding version of Fast Cars?

my bet is they're not going to play any POP songs
I think picking Hold me, Thrill me ... to alternate with Ultraviolet ended any chance

Maybe they could throw Mofo or something in that rotating slot right before Mercy?

That would be :drool:

Seriously if they play anything from Pop on this tour I'll be happy. Even if its an acoustic version of Discotheque.

I/M/H/O...on this tour, there should be a better representation of POP songs as opposed to ATYCLB songs ...which so happen to make up a large portion of the set...

Why would that be the reason? :huh:
because we're talking about U2 and they seem to have most of the setlist locked
Gone instead of Ultraviolet seemed like the best bet to me

I don't have any problems with them not playing anything from POP though
playing nothing from joshua tree, achtung or no line would be a different story

There was a post on the forum from a fan who spoke to Dallas about Mercy before one of the recent shows. He said something like "Oh you actually LIKE that?"

And that's what you're basing your comment on?

Some comment that could or could have not occured, could or could have not been sarcastic, and only said by one person?

Yeah that sounds like the WHOLE CREW AND THE BAND. :lmao:

Do You Feel Loved would be a great choice from POP, otherwise LNOE would work well too.

While I certainly would love to hear more POP on 360...what about Zooropa and/or more songs from Achtung? These 3 albums as a whole are the experimental side of U2 and would work great with the Claw.

So...Just add these in there please, U2:

Do You Feel Loved
LNOE
Discoteque
Zooropa
Lemon
Numb
The Fly
Acrobat
Zoo Station

Do You Feel Loved would be a great choice from POP, otherwise LNOE would work well too.

While I certainly would love to hear more POP on 360...what about Zooropa and/or more songs from Achtung? These 3 albums as a whole are the experimental side of U2 and would work great with the Claw.

So...Just add these in there please, U2:

Do You Feel Loved
LNOE
Discoteque
Zooropa
Lemon
Numb
The Fly
Acrobat
Zoo Station

As far as POP is concerned...I agree with you ...DO YOU FEEL LOVED is a severely underrated song...I agree with you ... LAST NIGHT ON EARTH rocks as does DISCOTHEQUE and to your list I'd only add GONE

Back
Top Bottom