and this is gloria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, it is widely agreed upon that I Will Follow is the king of the "2" part of the U2 opening 1-2 punch equation. Its just spectacular in this spot, whether it follows 11:00, Streets, MOFO or Beautiful Day.
Space Oddity > Stingray > IWF
:drool::drool::drool:

Space Oddity > Stingray > IWF
:drool::drool::drool:

:hmm: That might be awesome. I saw IWF live in Hawaii, and I think I screamed so loud when I heard the opening chords that dogs could hear me. :reject:

Saw Gloria live in Buffalo. I don't know, it lacked the energy that it had in the early performances, but it was fun to hear anyway.

True, and I hope it happens.

But IWF did/does get played on every.single.U2.tour. :shrug: That's not being overplayed ?

I don't know, I guess it depends on the person listening.

To me, songs like IWF and NYD do not get old because its been a long time(Popmart) since they have been every single night staples. U2 spaces out performances of them so we don't get tired of them like we do of Pride and WOWY.

Witness NYD so far this leg. They didn't play it in Turin, played it a for a few gigs afterwards, then dropped it for IWF. They're not wearing it out.

I am well aware that IWF has been played on every single U2 tour, and I get your point. Like I said, I would prefer Gloria or Another Time Another Place or 2 Hearts, Surrender or The Refugee, etc.

However, when you ask for my personal opinion, I would say it comes down to what I feel about Elevation versus I Will Follow.

I think I Will Follow is a far, far superior song.

Back
Top Bottom