Always Forever Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleazer

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just saw Ax posted this on u2gigs.com:

Snippetwatch Istanbul: Believe it or not, Always Forever Now from Passengers at end of Beautiful Day.
about 4 hours ago via U2gigs (Ax)
The melody's off, the "always" feels closer to Always, but no mistaking "always, always, always forever now, always forever now".
Passengers this tour: YBR and Miss S played, The Swan as part of one of UV's intro videos, and now an AFN snip. Wow. C'mon, play Slug!

Wow, and I was impressed with The Swan when I heard it last year, let alone the actual live renditions of Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. All this Passengers love is awesome!

So I went to youtube to check it out for myself.

fast forward to the last minute of the song to hear Always Forever Now sung to the tune of Always:

YouTube - U2 Return Of The Stingray Guitar/Beautiful Day, Istanbul 2010-09-06

:up:

Gotta say though, while I'm glad they tried playing a new territory, that attendance is just sad, and the crowd's participation seems really lethargic.

Just saw Ax posted this on u2gigs.com:

Wow, and I was impressed with The Swan when I heard it last year, let alone the actual live renditions of Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. All this Passengers love is awesome!

So I went to youtube to check it out for myself.

fast forward to the last minute of the song to hear Always Forever Now sung to the tune of Always:

YouTube - U2 Return Of The Stingray Guitar/Beautiful Day, Istanbul 2010-09-06

Yup, heard it. That's fantastic. :love:

Thanks for sharing guys :)

I think it's hilarious we get to hear this much Passengers stuff while everyone here wants stuff from Pop and Zooropa.

When did they use "The Swan" before Ultraviolet?
I heard a couple different intros to Ultra Violet on the US leg of the tour last year. The Swan was one of them, but I don't think it was the most common one. Couldn't give you any specific shows off the top of my head though.

Anyone have a comprehensive list of which shows The Swan was played at?

That's crazy - I had no idea that was in there! I apparently don't know my Passengers well enough. :(

Don't worry, I couldn't place it either until someone mentioned it on this board last year. I'm sure we're not the only ones who didn't recognize Theme From The Swan immediately when we heard it.

The 360 Tour has had Ultra Violet, Theme From The Swan, The Unforgettable Fire, Your Blue Room, Stay, Miss Sarajevo, MLK, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, and even a few odd appearances from Electrical Storm and Mothers Of The Disappeared (and now a snippet of Always Forever Now :D ). Not to mention all the UNRELEASED material like Kingdom/Soon, Glastonbury, North Star, Return Of The Stingray Guitar, and Every Breaking Wave. (Plus we've been teased with rehearsals of Drowning Man and now Mercy!!)

I love it! Can't wait to see what the next concert brings, and what the next leg brings.

Yeah, that video is from the first Chicago show - there were a few differences between the first and second nights.

Wow I had NO clue about this! That is pretty cool. :up: I wonder how they got all these Passengers songs past Larry!

:ohmy: Same here. Theme from the Swan is so cool, would have loved to have seen that. I also never realized it was used because they didn't use that intro at the shows I saw and I'd never seen a clip like this. Wow.

I always knew there was a connection between Always Forever Now and Always!

Didn't hear that. what a great, clever idea. More of this please guys, this is the kind of thing they used to do all the time on ZOO TV. The Swan is a real favourite of mine.

Back
Top Bottom