All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't sound like it will be ready for tonight, but hot damn...Zooropa may be played! If they actually do debut it in Brazil, that will be the only way I will be mad for going to Buenos Aires instead. ;) Unless they keep it in for N. America in which case I will freak from happiness. :)

Yeah, the segue is a little jarring, but no more so than AIWIY into COBL on the Milan DVD. This song is a must. It will make people go batshit.

if you're talking about the full version, i agree it just needs a little work to iron out the creases in that segue. if you're talking about the short version, I totally disagree as playing the first part of the song then just stumbling into COBL would just be blue-balling!!! (sorry i've used that phrase twice in 12 hours, i never will again) but anyway, it was bad enough they just played the second part back in '93 :crack: the two parts are so different yet I cant imagine hearing one without the other

I could see Zooropa quickly dying once they get back to the US, casuals will probably think it's one of those boring songs from their latest album, or unreleased and wonder why tracks like Pride and Stuck are being replaced by it.

I agree that IF Zooropa actually does make it into the setlist, it won't last long once the tour reaches North America. However, I doubt they actually do play it at all.

It probably will be played in South America, and so I also hope that it becomes a staple and is played in North America too!!! both Zooropa and EBTTRT that is!!!

It seems in this and other threads that there is a pretty strong consensus developing on Kite and Running To Stand Still.

As happy as I am to see Zooropa, and as optimistic as I am that it will make either tonight's or the next show's set list, you have to admit there are plenty of less complicated, but equally great songs that they could rotate around and liven up the set. Hell, as others have already said , I wouldn't even mind Bullet and The Fly coming back.

How about 2 Hearts or Seconds from War?

Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World?

A Sort of Homecoming has got to be ok to try if they've busted out Zooropa, TUF and YBR.....

I'm only keen for Kite to return if it kicks out Walk On. There's enough ATYCLB tunes in the set as it is.

My single greatest wish I never thought should happen.

If it becomes a setlist staple in the last leg, I'm considering taking a loan in order to get to see this live.

Wauw. It sounds great, too.

I'm kinda stupified, actually.

I feel numb :wink:

God, Zooropa sounds amazing! They should play the whole thing or not at all, though. using it as an into is silly.

I could see Zooropa quickly dying once they get back to the US, casuals will probably think it's one of those boring songs from their latest album, or unreleased and wonder why tracks like Pride and Stuck are being replaced by it.

........yeah I didn't want to say it but zooropa would be wasted on americans AND HERE COMES THE FIRING SQUAD!!!

It must suck to be in Europe knowing they won't be playing it over there...

You look great in green

/USA!-USA!-USA!

That being said, the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if they don't play it here, or if they do it dies a quick death because a bunch of idiot casual fans don't recognize awesomeness when it's staring them in the face from the giant stage in front of them.

The casual fans do spoil it for the diehards in the US more than most places. Your Blue Room would have been most die-hards wet dream, but it was a toilet break for others (almost poetic, that).

Can't see it taking hold in the US. It isn't a 'known' song. Even though it's 18 years old, and one of their best songs, and the diehards love it, I wouldn't have thought 5% of casual fans would know the album exists let alone the song.

Back
Top Bottom