All discussion about Bad here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
This worries me somewhat...two nights and no Bad??? Glad I didn't go 2000 miles to see either show. I'll wait and worry until Vancouver in late October. Sure hope they bring it back by then.

In Europe, they have played most shows without Bad. In many cities, the audience didn't even get to hear Bad once. What's more puzzling to me is the fact that they've played three shows without Pride now. I seriously expected them to bring Pride back for the second Canadian show.

also, you base a concert experience on one song?

wow.

I agree with your sentiment, but I think too many U2 fans do base a concert experience on one song - just that song is Streets.

also, you base a concert experience on one song?

wow.

I know it is strange but I guess the answer is ...kind of, but not quite. Every show I've seen of U2 has included "Bad" since 1985...this tour I'm ecstatic that they are playing "The Unforgettable Fire" " Until The End Of The World" "New Years Day" " Stay " and a couple of others...and yes, some of the new stuff as well...BUT...and it's a big BUT...without "Bad" I would somehow feel it was an incomplete show...it means THAT much to me. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

p.s. I hope they bury "Pride (In The Nmae Of Love") for a few years at least. Never liked it that much. Bring back "Out Of Control" to get the crowd going.

Yeah, I wish I could claim his record. I'm grateful just for getting Bad 7 times out of 17.

3 out of 7 shows. :wink:

Seriously, I loved it. But would I consider the other concerts less because they didn't have Bad? Nope. Because I know Bad is barely played. I just consider the other shows 'regular' and the ones with Bad extremely special.

told you some of my luck would rub off :D
:yippie: though i did have 40 close a show, so i'm happy. plus i've now heard a song from every album except for october and rah (though aside from heartland, i don't think i'd want to hear anything else live, because i know if they played desire it'd be acoustic).

:yippie: though i did have 40 close a show, so i'm happy. plus i've now heard a song from every album except for october and rah (though aside from heartland, i don't think i'd want to hear anything else live, because i know if they played desire it'd be acoustic).

awww. i've got every album ticked off except for pop (which, given i only started seeing them live in 2006 is kinda no shit) and october.

thankfully, i consider shows featuring one to be special! :lol: 4 out of 4 :yippie:

i'm at 4/4 with elevation, as well as one. at least having bad at 2/4 is worth it for that shit, yo.

thankfully, i consider shows featuring one to be special! :lol: 4 out of 4 :yippie:

:yuck:
:sigh: 7/7.

Hm I haven't had all albums yet. None of October, none of Pop, well, I don't consider hearing IWF rehearsed in Dublin as a proper song so I haven't heard Boy yet either.
U2 needs to return here, I need to hear more!!

Songs from 10 U2 albums have been played during these shows.

· No Line On The Horizon (7 songs)

· Breathe
· Get On Your Boots
· I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
· Magnificent
· Moment of Surrender
· No Line On The Horizon
· Unknown Caller

· All That You Can't Leave Behind (5 songs)

· Beautiful Day
· Elevation
· In A Little While
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
· Walk On

· Achtung Baby (4 songs)

· Mysterious Ways
· One
· Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
· Until The End Of The World

· The Unforgettable Fire (4 songs)

· Bad
· MLK
· Pride (In The Name Of Love)
· The Unforgettable Fire

· The Joshua Tree (3 songs)

· I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
· Where The Streets Have No Name
· With Or Without You

· How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2 songs)

· City Of Blinding Lights
· Vertigo

· Rattle And Hum (2 songs)

· Angel Of Harlem
· Desire

· War (2 songs)

· New Year's Day
· Sunday Bloody Sunday

· Cover songs (1 song)

· The Auld Triangle

· Zooropa (1 song)

· Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

I've seen Bad 1 out of 9 times. :sad:

It's the one song I've always wanted to see live, but I would never base an entire experience around it, no song is worth that...

Who cares what the guy bases his concert-going on.

He could base it on the color of Bono's shirts for all I care, to each his own.

I've had Bad 5 out of 7.

But if they played your favorite song wouldnt it make the show that much better?

I don't know.. depends on how well they could pull it off. But yeah, it'd definitely make it special.
But that's not what I mean here, ofcourse it makes it so much better with your own favourite song played. What I'm trying to state is that it doesn't mean shows without it are less.

example:

My fave song is Acrobat.. so, if I had to choose between the setlist from Amsterdam 2, OR U2 playing One and Stuck all night with Acrobat in the end.. I'd go for AMS II. The whole setlist would in that case just beat hearing my fave song.

I don't know.. depends on how well they could pull it off. But yeah, it'd definitely make it special.
But that's not what I mean here, ofcourse it makes it so much better with your own favourite song played. What I'm trying to state is that it doesn't mean shows without it are less.

example:

My fave song is Acrobat.. so, if I had to choose between the setlist from Amsterdam 2, OR U2 playing One and Stuck all night with Acrobat in the end.. I'd go for AMS II. The whole setlist would in that case just beat hearing my fave song.

I would list Acrobat as a great song and it is a favorite of mine. Too bad it's never been played live. It seems like alot of people here get excited when U2 adds a new song or a song they havent played in a while like The Unforgettable Fire and Your Blue Room. Would be nice if they did that a little more and added a song like Acrobat.

If Bad is only played at something like 1 out of every 5 shows this tour, that'll just help cement it's place as a really special song, something that all the crowd can be ecstatic to hear, both "casual" fans and the hardcore who go to dozens of shows.

Bad is my favorite U2 song. It has pretty much been that way since Live Aid. If my 2/3 rating changes to a 2/4 rating, because they don't play it in Vancouver I won't complain.

0/3 Still Haven't Found What i'm Looking For. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom