All discussion about Bad here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, you are? Would be sad, because you still did not answer why you prefer 360 Bad to Wembley II '93. What does it make better? Or what does it make as good as a performance?
with prats like you around i do wonder why i stay. and i'm not wasting my time engaging you in any conversation about that, since you've decided you're soooo much more right than anyone else and that your opinion is soooo obviously fact and there is no room whatsoever for personal preference. now, go away to your stupid things ain't the way they used to be thread and stop polluting the forum with your so obviously factual opinion that nobody can argue with.

sorry sicy, et al. i'll stop now.

with prats like you around i do wonder why i stay. and i'm not wasting my time engaging you in any conversation about that, since you've decided you're soooo much more right than anyone else and that your opinion is soooo obviously fact and there is no room whatsoever for personal preference. now, go away to your stupid things ain't the way they used to be thread and stop polluting the forum with your so obviously factual opinion that nobody can argue with.
sorry sicy, et al. i'll stop now.

"sorry, sicy"? What about "sorry, ZOOTVTOURist", when you offend me that rude. Okay, I will not try to discuss with you anymore. This is below my level.

Maybe you start apologizing to all the folks in here you've called blind, stupid, etc...

Don't play the victim card, it doesn't suit you well.

Enough guys. Stick to the topic and take up your personal issues with others via pm if you have to.

BAD .. BAAAAADDDD ... wowowoowow. I remember at 8am in front of the Amsterdam ArenA. I wrote down 3 letters on a slide : they were B A D ... running into the stadium i almost lost my slide. I was again at the front row in front of edge. I put out my slide towards edge : Edge looked and made a sign with his head "it's gonna be okay". I went nuts. And yes there it was. Bono lying on the stage and edge starting the guitar. OMG ... this was so unbelievable. I heard it in Dublin1 and Cardiff. Amazing amazing. Even Cardiff got a little f&cked up with Bono on guitar. I will never ever forget that moment in Amsterdam. THAT night was for me THE night because of the element of surprise.

Even though I wasn't at any of these shows, I find it really sad that Bad wasn't played for any of the North American concerts except Chicago. I was hoping they'd at least bring it back occassionally. Hope to hear it again next year, it's such a signature U2 live tune.

Even though I wasn't at any of these shows, I find it really sad that Bad wasn't played for any of the North American concerts except Chicago. I was hoping they'd at least bring it back occassionally. Hope to hear it again next year, it's such a signature U2 live tune.
i'm surprised too, although that was the only time i ever saw it live, actually. it was awesome too. they should play it more often, though it is kind of neat to have it be a pleasant surprise to hear it i guess.

I agree 100%!!!

In fact it is inexcusable that a mediocre pop diddy like "In a Little While" was played more than a stadium epic like "Bad" - I'm really questioning U2's tastes these days...really. What went wrong???

I agree 100%!!!

In fact it is inexcusable that a mediocre pop diddy like "In a Little While" was played more than a stadium epic like "Bad" - I'm really questioning U2's tastes these days...really. What went wrong???

Maybe they feel that since they are playing UF that is enough from the UF album?

If you can't hear the difference (and so appreciate) between a cut short, in comparison lacklustre performed U2 song and an epic, outstanding and in case of Wembley II '93 unique version – well...:wave:

the one with jo shankar? :huh: never understood the fascination with that.....i mean yea, it was cool to have something different, but i'm really glad it was just a one off thing. the violin diminished the song imo, plus it was way too prominent.....completely fucked the entire song up :down:

if we're talking about unique performances of Bad, Wembley 360 (with the completely changed 2nd verse) pisses all over Wembley II '93! :rockon:

the one with jo shankar? :huh: never understood the fascination with that.....i mean yea, it was cool to have something different, but i'm really glad it was just a one off thing. the violin diminished the song imo, plus it was way too prominent.....completely fucked the entire song up :down:

if we're talking about unique performances of Bad, Wembley 360 (with the completely changed 2nd verse) pisses all over Wembley II '93! :rockon:

:ohmy: ahem, no, but as you like ...

:lol:

I'm uploading my vid to youtube now. Really hillarious to see how Larry ends the song, Bono eyes him, shakes his head and just keeps going. then Edge does the same and they both grin at Larry and just continue playing. Showing the drummer who's owning the band eh Bono? :wink:

WOW!!

Another unreal performance of Bad in Brisbane!

Though, IMHO, Bono nailed the Rome version the best he has since 1985, the other performances in 2010 have also been brilliant and each one has its own interesting things going on. Both vocally and instrumentally. I loved the Instant Karma/In My Life snippets yesterday and the little Bono guitar solo in Melbourne.

This just illustrates perfectly how amazingly well Bono is singing these days. By many accounts he had a cold during Brisbane II and he still sang Bad 100 times better than any Elevation version and kept up with a much faster tempo as well.

So its either been incredibly interesting or in the case of Rome, has been almost a carbon copy of some of the best versions like WAIA!

HarryVest, you've got to give it to him.

He's right. And kudos to him for being vocal about what we all know: there is just something magical, transcendent, whatever word you want to use, about BAD!!

Back
Top Bottom