All discussion about Bad here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Bad is only played at something like 1 out of every 5 shows this tour, that'll just help cement it's place as a really special song, something that all the crowd can be ecstatic to hear, both "casual" fans and the hardcore who go to dozens of shows.

Yeah... that´s one of the reasons Bad is really a very special song, I believe.
Not a good deal to play it so many times - audience need to desire Bad, not only have it and listen to it. Bad is pure ecstasy :heart:

I didn't overly miss either song, to be honest, but I wish that they had eliminated Vertigo or Elevation before Bad and Pride. To yank two of U2's best songs seems a bit much. There were moments where I (and I didn't know the setlist flow before attending) felt that what was going on would lead perfectly into Pride, but it never happened. I hope it comes back and Vertigo or Elevation take a lonnnnng break. Great shows, however. NYD? To die for.

:sigh: 7/7.

Hm I haven't had all albums yet. None of October, none of Pop, well, I don't consider hearing IWF rehearsed in Dublin as a proper song so I haven't heard Boy yet either.
U2 needs to return here, I need to hear more!!
ouch, what a record!

here's what i've heard from my four concerts:

Songs from 13 U2 albums have been played during these shows.

· Pop (9 songs)
· Staring At The Sun (2 times) * not an accurate stat as it was a restart, not two full performances.
· Discothèque (1 time)
· Gone (1 time)
· If God Will Send His Angels (1 time)
· If You Wear That Velvet Dress (1 time)
· Last Night On Earth (1 time)
· Miami (1 time)
· Mofo (1 time)
· Please (1 time)

· How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (7 songs)
· City Of Blinding Lights (3 times)
· Vertigo (3 times)
· All Because Of You (1 time)
· Love And Peace Or Else (1 time)
· Original Of The Species (1 time)
· Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (1 time)
· Yahweh (1 time)

· No Line On The Horizon (7 songs)
· Breathe (2 times)
· Get On Your Boots (2 times)
· I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (2 times)
· Magnificent (2 times)
· Moment of Surrender (2 times)
· No Line On The Horizon (2 times)
· Unknown Caller (2 times)

· Achtung Baby (5 songs)
· One (4 times)
· Until The End Of The World (3 times)
· Mysterious Ways (2 times)
· Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (2 times)
· Even Better Than The Real Thing (1 time)

· All That You Can't Leave Behind (4 songs)
· Beautiful Day (3 times)
· Elevation (3 times)
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (2 times)
· Walk On (2 times)

· The Joshua Tree (4 songs)
· I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (4 times)
· Where The Streets Have No Name (4 times)
· With Or Without You (4 times)
· Bullet The Blue Sky (2 times)

· The Unforgettable Fire (4 songs)
· Pride (In The Name Of Love) (3 times)
· MLK (2 times)
· The Unforgettable Fire (2 times)
· Bad (1 time)

· Cover songs (2 songs)
· Can't Help Falling In Love (1 time)
· Daydream Believer (Edge Karaoke) (1 time)

· Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 (2 songs)
· Miss Sarajevo (1 time)
· Your Blue Room (1 time)

· War (2 songs)
· Sunday Bloody Sunday (3 times)
· 40 (1 time)

· Zooropa (2 songs)
· Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (1 time)
· The First Time (1 time)

· Boy (1 song)
· I Will Follow (1 time)

· Non-album songs (1 song)
· Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (1 time)

· No Line On The Horizon (7 songs)

· Breathe
· Get On Your Boots
· I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
· Magnificent
· Moment of Surrender
· No Line On The Horizon
· Unknown Caller

· Achtung Baby (5 songs)

· Mysterious Ways
· One
· The Fly
· Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
· Until The End Of The World

· All That You Can't Leave Behind (5 songs)

· Beautiful Day
· Elevation
· Kite
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
· Walk On

· The Joshua Tree (5 songs)

· Bullet The Blue Sky
· I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
· One Tree Hill
· Where The Streets Have No Name
· With Or Without You

· How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (4 songs)

· City Of Blinding Lights
· Love And Peace Or Else
· Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
· Vertigo

· The Unforgettable Fire (4 songs)

· Bad
· MLK
· Pride (In The Name Of Love)
· The Unforgettable Fire

· Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1 (2 songs)

· Miss Sarajevo
· Your Blue Room

· Rattle And Hum (2 songs)

· Angel Of Harlem
· Desire

· War (2 songs)

· New Year's Day
· Sunday Bloody Sunday

· Boy (1 song)

· I Will Follow

· Cover songs (1 song)

· The Saints Are Coming

· Zooropa (1 song)

· Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

overall i'm pretty damn satisfied. there's only one song of atyclb that i really, really hate that i heard - stuck in a moment - and i enjoyed 2/4 performances of elevation i've faced.

I don't like Elevation but it made the casual fans around me happy so I didn't mind too much.

I used Stuck in a Moment for my bathroom break but really, either of them would have done (although I did miss Bono getting the condo owners around the stadium to flick their lights on and off)

You've been to Popmart Vegas Khan?? Woah :envy:!

:sigh: I wish I was born 10 years earlier.. I missed so much.

The only song I got really tired of was Stuck, even though it turns out I only had it 3 times, I could've done with 1. Still haven't wasn't that great either, but not as annoying as Stuck was.

I loved Stuck. I guess I'm a sucker for Edge's falsetto. I also love Elevation live. On the other hand, I'm so over SBS, I wouldn't care if I didn't hear it for the next 10 years. Same with Beautiful Day, that was my bathroom break song. The latter two, I don't dislike them, they've just fallen into that waaaaay overplayed category for me. I'd rather hear Pride than either of them. I was absolutely thrilled that they brought back NYD, probably my favourite of the old warhorses.

You've been to Popmart Vegas Khan?? Woah :envy:!

:sigh: I wish I was born 10 years earlier.. I missed so much.
i wish! i saw them here in memphis. i think those were the only two shows where they restarted electric sats.

i know what you mean! i'm so lucky they tried to give memphis another go (they'd only been here in 81 and 82). though it was one of the first shows so it was plagued with problems (sats) and low attendance, i had a blast. i wouldn't have been able to see them if they hadn't come to memphis. having a popmart show as my first u2 show was just so amazing. it kind of made up for the fact that i didn't get to see zoo tv. (well i did watch the sydney show on ppv when it came on, but that's not the same!)

I was also surprised that they didn't play Bad at least for one show. At the same time, I understand why it's not on the setlist because the strain the song puts on Bono's vocals.

you're not seeing them for a month and getting this stressed about it? calm down, bad's not a setlist staple so it's going to keep coming and going off the setlist.

this is why i avoid setlists before i see u2, so i really don't know what to expect. of course this time it was easy since i saw the first two shows, but still.

Neither Boston show?

It better be there for NY2. If you were to have kept Breathe in the set last night instead of Elevation, and Bad instead of Mysterious Ways (I'm talking about number of songs, not keeping them in the same spots), you'd have about the most perfect set you can expect without wishing and hoping for rarities and Pop. And I loved MW the first night, they played it more full out than they had on the earlier shows, it just wasn't as on the second night, but those who weren't there the first night wouldn't of noticed. PLus UTEOTW was played which makes up for anything.

Back
Top Bottom