All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hqr_syd

Babyface
Whats going on? no not the song

Lol that would be a highlight if they played that again...

The New Set list is very Bouring...

Breath is my fave song and no line...
I love Unknown caller...

Beautiful day as an opener??? Thats U2's worst song.

I a huge U2 fan but I'm very disappointed with what Ive seen in the new set lists so far...
:N

Lets hope fez is played soon the proper way live... no dance or acoustic ways. And If the list is Shiite by the time they come here to Sydney I will not go.

Still love em but!

I agree with you, except I wouldn't say that BD is their worst song! I'm certainly sick to death of it after these last 10 years of overexposure to it! I certainly don't look forward to it's spot in the setlists. I saw this song open a show back in 2001, in South Bend Indiana. NOT a good opener!

Part of the problem with this tour is that we got spoiled by the Elevation and Vertigo tours, where there were multiple shows in multiple cities, and setlists had to change on a nightly basis at least a little bit. Popmart pretty much had the exact same setlist night after night, as did every tour before that. However, once Popmart found it's groove, that setlist was awesome. Same with Zoo TV, etc. This tour has so far not really produced awesome setlists. Too many unpopular slow songs in the mid set (IALW & MS should really not be played on this tour at all). Adding HMTMKMKM was a great move, but in order to get it we had to lose UV. Also, the lack of early and mid-era songs makes the setlists feel unbalanaced.

If tomorrow's setlist is the same setlist as tonight's I will cry....

What happened to changing at least ONE song up every night :(

If tomorrow's setlist is the same setlist as tonight's I will cry....

What happened to changing at least ONE song up every night :(

Are you going to videotape that and youtube it? :happy: Would be a good watch.

And :lol: At the OP claiming BD is U2's worst song ever. Ehhhh RIGHT.

A note to U2

Your setlists have become boring. After watching the rose bowl dvd the songs that sounded the best were from NLOTH (exception Ultra). This leg you drop NLOTH (WTF) and Ultra (stupid fuckers). I lover adding HMTMKMKM into the set with a little Disco but seriously this is this safest by the numbers stuff I have ever seen. they should just take their act to Vegas.

Can we resurrect that "360 Tour Complaints" thread from last year?

That being said, I basically agree about the No Line songs and Ultraviolet, but I got two leg's worth of setlists with those, so I'm perfectly happy. And there aren't any shows in North America this year, so I can't really complain to the band about setlist parties not being worth attending. I feel like the new setlist will make a lot of people more happy, so whatevs.

I miss No Line...UV well I miss it a little But I love HMTMKMKM so I can't complain :)
I really miss Unknown Caller..that was my fave song from the first two legs, but you never know these songs could come back it's early yet.:)

Your setlists have become boring. After watching the rose bowl dvd the songs that sounded the best were from NLOTH (exception Ultra). This leg you drop NLOTH (WTF) and Ultra (stupid fuckers). I lover adding HMTMKMKM into the set with a little Disco but seriously this is this safest by the numbers stuff I have ever seen. they should just take their act to Vegas.

You realize, don't you, the set list that you wish for would piss off 3000 other people & the set list they wish for would piss off another 5000 people and so on?

It's a win-less argument. If the band starts pulling out classics now like Gloria or Hawkmoon & new stuff like Breathe, then everyone here would gripe that these songs were only being played in Europe. If they play songs that newer or the less fanatical fans know, they get complaints that they're playing "a greatest hits tour". :doh:

We sit here, show after show, see the set list & immediately know whether it's the same set that the previous cities got or whether there was a different intro played for Beautiful Day or if Bono introduced Larry before Adam or vice versa - and it gets monotonous for us. But you know what? I guarantee it wasn't monotonous for the people at the show. They LOVED it.

I understand speculating about what may be played & even folks creating what they feel is a set list with better fluidity, but I really don't get all the griping & animosity. If someone thinks what U2's playing is sooo lame, they should stop checking the set lists for every show &/or sell their tickets to someone who will enjoy seeing the band.
/rant

I just wish U2 would have a few spots in their setlist to splice in random songs. Do the hits, do the staples, but just save 2-3 spots where they can throw in Exit or Dirty Day if they want, and then throw in Surrender and Mofo in the next night, for example. I think the casuals can stand to sit through 2-3 songs they don't know among the hits, and I think it'd keep the band sharper, and we'd surely all stop bitching too! ;)

I just wish U2 would have a few spots in their setlist to splice in random songs. Do the hits, do the staples, but just save 2-3 spots where they can throw in Exit or Dirty Day if they want, and then throw in Surrender and Mofo in the next night, for example. I think the casuals can stand to sit through 2-3 songs they don't know among the hits, and I think it'd keep the band sharper, and we'd surely all stop bitching too! ;)

Nah, someone would complain about it.

I don't get the complaining, but I guess I'm just happy the band is still making music and touring.
Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.

My complaint is the same as from last year:

ATYCLB overload.

I don't even care about the set list being static(they could use 1 or 2 rotational spots, but that is a very minor issue for me), ZOO and Popmart were pretty static and they worked. It is the content of the set list, specifically ATYCLB, that is my issue and I think the primary reason why it does not work. I would take an almost static(has to be a bit of change like Zoo and Pop) list and not complain at all if it was just tweaked a little bit to better fit this tour.

I don't think the rest of the set is perfect, but you know what?

I can't bring myself to complain much more until at least tomorrow with the 2nd night in the same city for the 1st time on Leg 3.

I will say this, though, I am getting quite sick of the false choice being presented here between pleasing casuals and pleasing die hards. Much like the acrobat said, U2 could afford to do 2 or 3 songs per night that not everyone will now. I would argue they already do.Who the hell really knows Moment of Surrender or Glastonbury or Miss Sarajevo or anything from NLOTH, an album that did not have close to a hit?

When will people understand that 2 or 3 songs far from knocks the war horses out of the set? Get rid of Elevation and Walk On, you've lost 2 moderately known songs, but you haven't by any means lost warhorses.

Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found
Desire
Bullet
Pride
Streets
Mysty Ways
One
WOWY
Bad
SBS
NYD
IWF

Those are the warhorses to clear things up.

Any disagreement?

Additions/subtractions so we can be on the same page here?

I am sick of hearing defenses of ATYCLB that say "they have to play the warhorses."

Granted, it contains the only 2000s song that could be considered a warhorse in Beautiful Day, but I haven't seen anyone here suggest that it should go anywhere.

I don't get the complaining... Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.
:yes: I wish everyone understood this.

But no. Instead, we have this:
Let's say a large number of hardcore fans wanted to hear Trip Through Your Wires played live. And let's say that, by happy coincidence, the band played it tomorrow night & for the next two shows before dropping it.

There'd be those who were livid at the band for playing such 'crap'.
There'd be those who were estatic that the band played their favorite song.
There'd be those who would whine that the band only played it for Europe.
There'd be those who would argue that the band must be retiring since they'd pulled such an obscure song from their catalog.
There'd be those who would argue that the band was edgy again since they pulled such an obscure song from their catalog.
Etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. :rolleyes:
:crack: :doh: :|

People love to complain..and are not happy unless they are complaining..me I don't complain about the setlist..sure there are songs I miss..but whatever..they might play them again,and if they don't c'est la vie!

I'm just happy Bono is fine and the band are back touring! :)

I don't get the complaining, but I guess I'm just happy the band is still making music and touring.
Sure there are certain songs I'd like to hear more than others, but I know the chance of that happening isn't very good.

Agreed.

They can't play everything everyone wants to hear and they also have to play some of the greatest hits songs for all the casual fans. I'm just happy that they are still around and touring.

I just wish they play more instead of almost always only doing 24. All I need is like 2 more songs added.

I hoped Pearl Jam would have rubbed off on them, those guys never have the same set and do atleast 30. I've seen them 5 times and their final 2 in Philly's Spectrum:drool: and everytime has been different.

Pearl Jam's audience is very different than U2's. Very difference, and less likely to appreciate a three-hour-long random-rocker fest, in general.

Or maybe that's just me.

Hey, the OP went through the trouble of creating a separate thread for setlist complaints, why don't you let the people who are unhappy with it be free to post about it in here instead of making every thread on this board something about worshiping the majesty that is U2? It was very clear what the point of this thread was, so if you had a problem with it you should've never come in.

Not directed at any one post, just the obvious ones that don't belong in this thread.

So, has everyone complaining here actually been to multiple shows and seen the same setlist? You are the only ones with any real right to complain.

They are catering for people who see one show, and give them the best show they feel they can.

Don't be so selfish as to whinge about them not varying it from night to night.

Funnily enough, U2 are supporting the people WHO PAY MONEY FOR THE TICKETS not those who download the shows for free from home.

I'm at the end of my rope dealing with this shit. You can feel disappointed, sure, hell I think it is a bit weak, but the extent that most of you take this is a joke.

It happens on every tour and on every leg. There's always a group of people that will never be happy with the setlist. There's nothing wrong with having one thread for anyone that wants to complain about the setlist. If you have no complaints about the setlist, then you shouldn't need to be posting in this thread.

We have a great feature which allows users to ignore specific threads. If a thread makes you THAT angry then maybe it would be best to use this feature.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f224/new-comprehensive-ignore-system-202894.html

Hey, the OP went through the trouble of creating a separate thread for setlist complaints, why don't you let the people who are unhappy with it be free to post about it in here instead of making every thread on this board something about worshiping the majesty that is U2? It was very clear what the point of this thread was, so if you had a problem with it you should've never come in.

Not directed at any one post, just the obvious ones that don't belong in this thread.

this times infinity

Keep the thread alive...

But I agree with DanSmee... 95% of the attendees at the gig wouldn't know (let alone care) that the setlist is the same from the previous show... And U2 are playing a gig for those at the gig, not avid setlist watchers like ourselves. While I would love to wake up in the morn, check out u2gigs.com and see a few changes, it's not gonna bother me if there aren't any (though it would be nice to see 2 or 3 for the second gig at Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horsens? :reject:), and I kinda expect it...

I agree with the sentiment that there is an ATYCLB overload.. Quite baffling really, and they don't really work as well as they did on previous tours, Elevation is particularly flat and I doubt In A Little While satisifes neither hardcores nor casuals, and is therefore quite a wasted spot, perfect for either some pre-83 representation or a "warhorse"

Yes I think in general U2 play the majority of their set/shows to a general crowd assuming some guests would be attending their first U2 concert.Of course they also know that some real diehards attend multiple dates and thus throw in a rarity every now and then(Electrical Storm,Your Blue Room,ect.)I would never not want to go to a U2 concert because of a stale setlist but here is IMHO what would be nice:

Return to the Space Oddity/Soon/Breathe tour opener or Subsitute Magnificent,Boots or NLOTH instead of Breathe.I like Return of the Stingray and BD but not as a tour opener.My biggest complaint with this is that between Stingray and BD there is like 25 seconds of dead space.Not good for getting a crowd hyped for an opener.

I know this wont happen but in regards to the actual setlist:

Bring back Breathe,NLOTH,Unknown Caller(For Sure),and maybe even add Stand Up Comedy or Fez/Being Born?Also Ultraviolet and HMTMKMKM in the encore together.

Please Drop:Elevation,Still Havent Found,Until The End Of The World,Sunday Bloody Sunday,New Years Day,Mysterious Ways,and In A Little While

Please Add:Lemon,Surrender/A Sort of Homecoming,Night and Day,God Pt.II,Playboy Mansion,Numb and Lady With A Spinning Head.

Whats going on? no not the song

Lol that would be a highlight if they played that again...

The New Set list is very Bouring...

Breath is my fave song and no line...
I love Unknown caller...

Beautiful day as an opener??? Thats U2's worst song.

I a huge U2 fan but I'm very disappointed with what Ive seen in the new set lists so far...
:N

Lets hope fez is played soon the proper way live... no dance or acoustic ways. And If the list is Shiite by the time they come here to Sydney I will not go.

Still love em but!

:lmao:

Are you okay?

i enjoy the setlist. sure, i'd take out IALW, replace it with North Star, maybe throw The Fly and Gone in there, but overall i think i'd enjoy the show if i was in attendance. i don't really pay attention to setlists night after night though. i don't really see the point if i'm not actually attending the concert. if U2 plays something new or different, i know i'll find out about it somehow.

Back
Top Bottom